𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

"Y-You love me?" Chan whispered, it was barely audible.

I widened my eyes, smacking my face internally.

Why did I say that?!

"As a friend" I quickly blurted out to cover my mistake.

Smooth, Y/n.

"Oh...y-yeah..."

Is it just me or does he sound disappointed?

He pulled back and sighed looking elsewhere.

"...You want to go see Minho?" he asked after a while.

"Sure."

He got up, and so did I. We walked to Chan's as Minho was staying there, along with Junhyuk who lived there and Changbin who was there most of the time anyway.

Let me explain things first, you're probably confused.

Minho woke up after a day of unconsciousness. Chan woke up too after a couple of hours and he just needed rest and after a day or two he was better. Chan acted like he was fine - which confused us. Whenever we brought up what happened, he quickly changed the subject. He clearly didn't want to talk about it so we let it be.

Yedam was put in probation until he was at legal age, but he was far from us so we had nothing to worry about.

Chan and I talked. In the end we agreed on staying friends. I guess we've been through so much together that he doesn't want to cut ties.

It hurts seeing Chan right in front of me. Yet he doesn't know me. He didn't fall in love with me. That might sound selfish, I should be grateful that I can see him alive. But he isn't the same Chan I knew, that's what I'm upset about. He seemed so close, yet so far at the same time. It felt strange.

-

I sighed, looking at Chan who had his head rested on my shoulder.

"You can't avoid sleep entirely, you know."

He stayed silent, making me sigh again. I reached out for the remote and turned off the TV.

He sighed, digging his face into my shoulder.

"You haven't slept properly for the past 3 days, Chan. You need to sleep a little."

He got up all of a sudden and said, "I gotta use the bathroom" before walking off.

I sighed, my body slumping down in the couch.

How do I get him to sleep?

I thought about Chan in the other world. It helped him when we...cuddled.

We only met a week ago...wouldn't that be weird?

I took in a deep breath.

"Be brave Y/n."

I heard a laugh snapping me out of my thoughts.

Minho walked over sitting down on the couch next to me. "Why are you slumped down like a sloth?"

"A sloth? Really?"

"What else then? A bear?"

"A bear?!" I screeched, questioning his IQ and half offended.

He shrugged and folded his arms across his chest.

I sighed and facepalmed myself. "That surgery did something to you."

"Hm?" he raised an eyebrow mockingly.

"Oh, I said that out loud?" I asked half heartedly.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Such love" he muttered.