Chapter Thirty-Five

Cassandra wakes to an obnoxious snoring in her ear. It's louder. And annoying. She shakes her head and burrows into her pillows, trying to ignore it and go back to sleep. She's earned a good night's sleep, considering. The noise just considers and she groans.

"What the hell is that noise?" She asks herself as she leans up onto her elbows. She finds that the noise is coming from Damon who is laying next to her. She watches him a moment. His lip twitching into a smirk and she realises that he's awake and making that noise on purpose. "I know you're doing that on purpose" She scolds and pushes him out of her bed, he laughs as he hits the floor. "If you're going to be loud, go away and let me sleep" He stand and cocks his head, amused.

"I was worried" He admits with a smirk, she raises an eyebrow. "I thought you were going to end up sleeping all day" He teases.

"Yeah, well, when strange vampires get all creepy and pervy it's hard to sleep" She argues and pulls her blankets over her head. "Plus I earned this" He flops onto the bed next to her and she groans.

"But I need your help today," He tells her, she lowers the blankets to peek at him.

"Why?" She draws out.

"It's Stefan's birthday" He answers. "And I think we" He motions to her and then back to him. "Should throw him a party, and by we I mean you because I don't care enough to help"

"Oh, no, I'm terrible at stuff like that" She argues as she sits up. "But I know someone that isn't, and actually enjoys it..." She motions to her cell phone on the side and he picks it and tosses it to her.

.......

Cassandra brushes her hair back from her face as she leaves her bedroom. Caroline had agreed to meet with her to talk about Stefan's birthday, she knew Caroline would agree, she loves planning a good party. She turns and then lets out a little yelp seeing Elena stood behind her. Waiting for her, obviously.

"We need to talk about what happened," Elena tells her, Cassandra snorts and shakes her head.

"No, we don't" She argues. "We don't need to talk about it, and frankly, I don't want to"

"This is a big deal, Cas, what is going on?" Cassandra shakes her head. "Why won't you talk to me?"

"Because whatever you ask me...I have no answers for..." Cassandra tells her. "I don't know...." She shrugs. "So can we move on and forget about....like you decided for Jeremy..."

"Don't say it like that" Elena argues. "I did what was best..." Cassandra gives her an annoyed look and then notes that Elena appears to have already been out.

"Where you've been?" Cassandra asks.

"At the Sheriff's office, talking about Vicki's disappearance" Cassandra nods along before rolling her eyes. Even dead she's getting more attention than she deserves. "The Sheriff asked to talk to you too," Elena tells her. "I told her I would ask you. Just go in and talk to her...."

"Yeah, no thanks," Cassandra tells her as she grabs her jacket. "I have plans..."

"You can't run away from this" Elena scolds her. "Just tell her that Vicki left town....you don't have to say anything else..."

"I can't..."

"Why not?"

"Because if I talk to the Sheriff about this, I will cave and I will tell her everything" She admits. "Everything, Elena...." Elena sighs and looks away from her. "I can't...talk about this....you do whatever the hell you want, but I am done, she is finally out of our lives and I for one am not going to dwell on her"