Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N - SO I'VE BEEN TRYING TO COME UP WITH AN ALTERNATIVE NAME FOR WANDAVISION THAT WOULD FIT FOR CASSANDRA AND DAMON AND I AM COMING UP BLANK BECAUSE CASSNADRADAMON DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME FEEL TO IT. (THIS IS JUST A SIDE PLOT THING I HAVE FOR THE PRISON WORLD; THAT CAS IS PROJECTING HER FAUX!LIFE AS A TV SHOW AND THAT'S HOW KAI BECOMES INTERESTED IN HER MAGIC AND WHAT SHE CAN DO, BUT IT GIVES DAMON A WHOLE ANGSTY LOOK INTO HER MINDSET WITHOUT HIM AROUND)

- I DID THINK OF USING FELL'S CHURCH AS THE TITLE, GIVEN THAT IT WAS THE ORIGINAL NAME OF MYSTIC FALLS IN THE BOOK. OR EVEN SOMETHING AS ON THE NOSE AS THE VAMPIRE DIARIES. 

The parking lot of the school is packed already by the time Cassandra arrives. She wasn't really expecting this many people to show. But she underestimated the male gaze and the level of perversion in this town. Caroline waves her over as Cassandra closes her jeep door. Cassandra nods and waves back.

"No friend discounts. No freebies. No pay ya laters. We are not running a charity here. No, we are not" Caroline tells the gathered cheerleaders, football players, and band members.

"No we are not" The crowd repeats back, they all know Caroline well enough now. Know how her mind works. Cassandra sighs a little and glances around the crowd. Her eyes landing on Tyler stood with Matt. Sensing eyes on him, Tyler looks up and across at her. Raises his hand to wave at her but she just glares back at him until he stops. She's not going to play nice with him. He glances around before disappearing into the crowd.

..........

It's a nice little table Cassandra gets. Just a table and chair thing, nothing special, but she's not going to be washing cars and getting wet, so it's a win. She gets to sit around doing nothing. Tyler is then there at her side, smiling at her.

"Hey" Tyler greets, Cassandra gives him a look but ignores him. She knows what he is trying to do, she can read it in that stupid smirk he's wearing. Vicki's moved on, so he is crawling back. She's not having it. She's not going near him, ever again. "Come on, Cas, you can't still be mad at me" Tyler offers as she shrugs out of her jacket, hanging it on the back of the chair.

"Of course I can be" She argues.

"It's been months, will you just get over yourself already...."

"Get over myself?" She repeats back at him, slowly, testing each word. "Right...that's the problem here...Not that..." She shrugs a little and pulls a face. "I don't know....you're a pig and an ass and an all-around bad human being? Nooooo...it's my problem...." She gives him a weird look. "Are you even hearing yourself right now?"

"It wasn't all that bad.....Right?" He asks. She laughs but there is absolutely no humour in it what so ever.

"Yeah, it was," She tells him. "Rot in hell" She shakes her head. "And I know the only reason you are actually here right now...."

"No, you don't"

"Yes, I do, because Vicki moved on from you" She looks at him. "But you can have her back, Jeremy won't be going anywhere near her again is she knows what's good for her"

"I'll do better" He pleads, and if that just doesn't smack that last nail in the coffin for her. Pleading is not a good look on a guy.

"Listen to me very carefully, so my words go into that thick skull of yours...I will never ever ever touch you again" She tells him. "Now go away and leave me alone...." She turns away from him. Tyler grabs her arm and she snaps her head around to glare at him. Behind him, Stefan appears with Elena, Elena glaring hard at the back of Tyler's head.

"She told you to leave her alone," Stefan tells Tyler who clenches his jaw and looks at him, releasing Cassandra.

"Don't you think you've done enough, Tyler?" Elena asks him. "Just leave her alone...." Tyler looks at Cassandra before walking away, Cassandra lets out a breath and shakes her head.

"I didn't need you to do that" Cassandra scolds Elena who gives her a look back. "But thanks" Cassandra adds softer and then clutches her head, her eyes turning red.

"Cas?" Elena asks, on the verge of worried, alarmed, and scared. "Your eyes...." Cassandra closes her eyes to hide the red glow.

"Cassandra. Cassandra" That stupid voice is back, calling out to her and it's louder than before.

"Cas" Elena touches her arm and Cassandra jerks away from her, pushing back at the voice, her eyes returning to normal as she looks at Elena. "What was that?"

"Nothing" Cassandra answers. "It's nothing..."

"Cas..." Elena goes to push. "If something is wrong...."

"I said it's nothing" Cassandra snaps at Elena. "Just mind your own business, for once..." Elena's eyes widen, she then huffs and shakes her head, walking away from her sister. Cassandra sighs, she didn't mean to snap, but it's not any of Elena's business what goes on with her. Not any more. Stefan and Cassandra share a look, she clenches her jaw. "What are you looking at?" She asks him.

"Don't lash out at her, she's worried about you" He tells her before following after Elena.

"I don't care what you think" Cassandra mumbles under her breath as she takes her seat and sighs.

.............

Cassandra reads from her French book as she mans the money tin, it's not that difficult, and she manages whilst only half paying attention. But French was her weakest subject last year and she wants to make sure it is not this year.

"Hey" Elena greets as she walks towards the table, Cassandra glances at her. "Do you know where those shimmy things are, we're all out?" Cassandra lets out a breath and nods.

"Yeah, I'll go get some more" Cassandra stands and then motions to the little pot of money. "Mind the money" Elena nods in reassurance as Cassandra walks away.