Chapter Twenty-Four

Nothing. Cassandra gets absolutely nothing from Damon. But so what? She was fine before him. She will be fine without his friendship. Though she did kind of like having her own person. Someone not connected to Elena in the way Bonnie and Caroline are. They've shared everything for as long as she can remember. Is it so bad that she wants something of her own? Even a friendship? Maybe they have been drifting apart since the accident in ways she never really considered. Cassandra makes her way into the kitchen where she finds Stefan and Elena, she rolls her eyes a little and moves to the fridge.

"Oh goody, you're here" She comments as she opens the fridge to get a bottle of flavoured water. "This house has had enough unwelcome visitors the last few days, can it not stay empty for like one night?" She asks closing the fridge door.

"Cas" Elena scolds. "He's here to have dinner...not to receive an insult" Cassandra rolls her eyes.

"Right, well, guess I will get started on my French studying...." She then goes to leave the room.

"We need to talk about what happened with Damon" Elena stops her sister. Cassandra turns back to face them.

"I have nothing to say about what happened" She is quick to snap. "And I don't want to talk about it anyway" She curls her fingers into her palm, holding that hand behind her back as she feels her powers starting to flare. "Especially with you," She tells Stefan. "So.." She gives a tense smile at Elena. "Goodnight"

"But you haven't had dinner..." Elena argues. "Stefan made enough..."

"I'm good, not that hungry...." Cassandra is quick to tell her before she flees the kitchen. She doesn't want to talk about

..............

Later; Stefan leans in the doorway to Cassandra's bedroom, she sits on her bed studying, a group of French books open around her. But he can see some fading marks on her neck, finger marks. She'd obviously done well to hide them through the day, makeup likely.

"I saw the marks," Stefan tells her, she just glares at him, clenching her jaw and scratches at her neck. "I'm sorry that he..."

"I've already told you that I don't want to talk about this...." She stops him and then snorts. "Plot twist; charming young man turns out to be psycho...bit cliché but.." She shrugs. "Go ahead" She closes her book. "Say I told you so..."

"I'm not going to say that" He argues. "I'm just sorry" She shrugs and shakes her head. "He won't be a problem any longer, Cassandra. He's left town....." She hums a little. It was one of the outcomes that she had considered.

"I have to study," She tells him as she stands from her bed. "So get lost" She then shuts the door in his face.

.........

Caroline said to look nice. Sexy nice. And Cassandra is trying but with her bad mood, she's not really feeling it. But she is trying, for Caroline, her friend. She turns one way then the other standing in front of the mirror. She looks nice. Not great but...It will do.

"Guess this is as good as it is going to get" She mumbles to herself looking into the mirror. It's her favourite skirt, mostly because it feels good, it's velvet. It's an almost all-black outfit, her signature now she guesses. Not in the way that it is for Jeremy, but more girly black. The only pop of colour in her clothing is her bra, which yes, the red fabric peeks out through her AC/DC tank top just a little. It's as 'sexy' as she is willing to go. She opens her wardrobe, lets out a breath and digs out a pair of boots. As she straightens up, she becomes dizzy. Swallowing slightly and shaking her head. Pain. She groans, her hands clutching to her head, eyes flashing red.

"Cassandra. Cassandra" She hears in her mind, echoing through her. She swears, she really does swear, that it is Damon's voice. She knows that she is capable of reading minds, but she usually has to use her weird red mist stuff. And she's not even trying. This shouldn't be possible. He's reaching out to her.

.........

Damon opens his eyes in the cellar cell beneath the Salvatore Boarding house, they glow red in the dark and he smirks. He took a shot on this working. After suffering through another one of her dreams, he came to the conclusion that they are definitely now telepathically connect, somehow. Whatever it is drew him into her dream when he fell asleep. And he figured that he might just try to contact her. It worked. He smirks to himself.

..........

Cassandra shakes her head, the red disappearing from her eyes. Her mind falling silent. She sits on the edge of the bed to pull her boots on. She thought her powers were going to be the weirdest thing to ever happen to her. She was wrong. Because all of this is weird. A crow is tapping on the window, she raises an eyebrow at it as she ties the laces on her boots.

"No time today, birdie" She points out as she stands and grabs her jacket. "I'll fill the feeder when I get back, okay?" She asks as she closes the window, the crow taps on the glass again, watching her as she leaves the room.

A/N - Cas' outfit for the Sexy Suds Event