six

"so what do we do now?", ever since beomgyu managed to get the second food bin from the pig pen, his excitement to help kept increasing.

"we need to chop all of these vegetables and put them into the bins". taehyun spoke as he pointed to a small tub containing different vegetables.

the two of them silently put on a pair of gloves each and began cutting the food... well taehyun did. beomgyu stared at the vegetables on the cutting board in front of him and didn't know what to do.

he looked over at taehyun with confusion and watched as the younger effortlessly chopped many carrots at once. beomgyu then turned back to his own cutting board and picked up the knife next to it.

he moved a carrot from the tub and onto the board before carefully placing the knife onto it. he heard a sigh from beside him and seconds later taehyun was right next to him.

what beomgyu wasn't expecting was for taehyun to put his hand on top of beomgyu's and move their hands in a cutting motion. "that's how you need to cut the vegetables, got it?".

beomgyu ended up just nodding while he stared at the youngers face. how had he never realised how pretty taehyun's eyes were...

taehyun went back to his own cutting board and beomgyu snapped out of his thoughts before turning back to his own board.

he soon got the hang of cutting the vegetables and finished a whole tub in the next twenty minutes. it was when he got to the second tub where he got too confident with his cutting skills.

"ouch". he had accidentally sliced the tip of his finger. he dropped the knife onto he cutting board and stuck his finger into his mouth out of instinct.

he hadn't noticed taehyun speeding over with a worried expression and some tissue and ice until his hand was pulled away from his face.

he looked over at the younger in shock but didn't speak a word. "you're so dumb, you need to look out for your hand when using a knife".

a teasing smile made its way onto beomgyu's face. "is kang taehyun worrying about me?". the younger immediately let go of the ice, making it drop right onto beomgyu's foot.

"ah!". taehyun's eyes widened and he bent down to pick up the ice. as he bent down, beomgyu also bent down and their heads bashed together, sending them falling to the floor.

beomgyu's eyes were forcefully closed as he fell and he was expecting to make contact with the hard floor but instead he landed on something softer.. more like someone.

his eyes opened and the two boys made eye contact. beomgyu had fallen on top of taehyun. their faces were barely even centimetres apart and they could feel each other's breath.

"boys are you almost done- oh". the two immediately jumped apart and beomgyu stood up, brushing down his clothes with his hands.'

mrs kang stood there with her eyes wide. both of the boys awkwardly smiled and beomgyu bowed to the older woman. "i uh- i cut my finger and taehyun was helping me clean it but-"

"he dropped the ice and we slipped". he spoke out rather quickly making mrs kang giggle. "oh okay, i just wanted to let you both know that the pigs look hungry".

taehyun still hadn't spoke a word and he silently bent back down to grab the ice which was still on the floor. mrs kang then smiled again, "i will uh, leave you to it". as she left.

the room was stuck in an awkward silence as the boys finished cutting all of the vegetables and putting them into the food bins.

the silence was then broken by taehyun letting out a deep sigh. "is your finger okay?". beomgyu looked over at him and nodded without making a noise.

they took the two bins back out to the pig pen and saw how they were all crowded around the gate, waiting for their food. "i'm not going in there".

taehyun scoffed before slightly opening the gate and walking in. "yes you are". beomgyu didn't want to cause another argument so he picked up the other bin with a groan and entered the pen after taehyun.