CHAPTER 8

NO ONE'S POV

Yoo Jeongyeon woke up with a couple of messages in her inbox. Most of it from Mina, who's been reminding her non-stop to get up early like she's an old person who can't manage her sleep. Well, she is but not the old person just the part who can't manage sleep. Jeongyeon has severe insomnia caused by a recent event in her life, a recent someone she had trouble moving on.

The first year was the hardest but as time goes by, as she slowly heals everything got better, she just couldn't get her sleep back. But sometimes she feels that her having a hard time getting to sleep is a blessing in disguise. Because it's the only time of the day where she's alone, a time where she doesn't have to worry about what people have to say, a time where she can be herself.

The deeper the nights fall, the more the lights fade.

*RINGS*

She sat and look outside her window and the dawn was breaking, she lives on the highest floor of a prestigious apartment complex in Seoul, alone. Jeongyeon grabs her phone.

FROM : IM NAYEON

"I hope you didn't take my message last night seriously. I meant it as a joke..... Oh, good morning to you Ms. Yoo."

And Jeongyeon didn't know exactly what the other girl was talking about. So she went back to her inbox, scroll a little further down, and there it is. 3 messages all from Im Nayeon.

FROM : IM NAYEON

"And who gave you my number? Don't you think asking people around is wrong?"

FROM : IM NAYEON

"Hey.... I hope you didn't take it the wrong way but I meant it as a joke. I was gonna say sike once you apologize but I haven't heard anything from you."

FROM : IM NAYEON

"I hope it's because you're sleeping that you didn't reply... Again, I'm sorry. Good night Ms. Yoo."

JY : "Pfft... Haha." She chuckles.

TO : IM NAYEON

"I'll forgive you if you sent me a picture."

She jokes, she was in the middle of typing when her phone beeps again.

FROM : IM NAYEON

"I hope that we'll do, I really didn't mean it

"I hope that we'll do, I really didn't mean it."

JY : "Im Nayeon, how cute can you be?" She asked herself.