Epilogue

It was twenty years later and everything was peaceful once more. The Academy thrived since the attack twenty years ago and things couldn't have been better. Mr. Grayson had since retired as Vice Principal and a new one had since been put in place. Mr. Terra had also since retired and was living at home with his wife, Grey's mother. All of the other teachers had also since retired and were now living peaceful lives away from the Academy. Twenty years later had yielded a new world order and things had changed at the Academy. Kari and her group hadn't been heard from since their attack and the way things were going, they were never going to be heard from again.

A young, red-haired woman walked into a classroom. She was wearing a black dress and black boots. In addition to her red hair, she had green eyes. She had her hair tied back in a ponytail with a black ribbon. She began writing something on the blackboard, her name. It read, 'Mrs. Rhodes-Morales.'

"Hello everyone, I'm your Fire/Lightning for Beginners teacher for the year. My name, as you can read on the board, is Mrs. Rhodes-Morales. I'm pleased to be teaching this class for the foreseeable future. Does everyone have everything they need, a notebook, pens or pencils? If you don't, or you forgot something, I have some up here for you to use. Since today is the first day of class, I want to start off easy and get to know everyone. I want you to say your name, first, last, first and last, it doesn't matter, and a couple of facts about yourself. I also want to give you the chance to ask questions, but we have thirty students and fifty minutes of class, so who wants to go first?"

An auburn-haired boy raised his hand in preparation to speak.

"Your name is?"

"My name is Aidan. I have a twin brother, Spike, who also goes here and my mom is a teacher."

More students raised their hands and soon, the whole class had been introduced. After introductions were done, the students were asked to show their proficiency with their element, so everyone produced a flame in their hand. Some of the students' flames flickered out easily, but some stayed alight. Emily used this to determine where she was headed next with her lessons. Soon, fifty minutes had passed and everyone left the classroom, everyone but Aidan.

"What are your other classes?"

"This, Hand-to-Hand Combat, Gymnastics, History of Elements, and of course, lunch."

"Did you know that those were the same classes I took when I went here?"

"You went here?"

"Yes, I was actually pregnant when I graduated. I graduated early, along with my friends."

"You mean Dad, Uncle Reed, Aunt Finn, Aunt Grey, and Aunt Aurora?"

"Yes, that's who I mean. What classes did your brother get?"

"Hand-to-Hand Combat, History of Elements, Flying, Air/Sound for Beginners, and lunch."

"What do you have next?"

"History of Elements, with Spike."

"Who are you rooming with?"

"Spike, Jay, and Cade."

"Nice, your brother and Uncle Reed and Aunt Finn's two boys. What dorm and hall?"

"Room 321 in Darwin Hall."

"That was my dorm. I can't believe they handed it over to you boys."

"Mo~om, it's not like we're going to trash the place or anything...."

Emily laughed and looked at the clock.

"Bud, you've got about five minutes to get to your next class. If you don't make there on time, just tell your teacher that you were talking to another teacher."

"Alright, I'll see you later, Mom."

"Bye, bud, see you later. Oh, where are Jet and Ren sleeping? Shouldn't they be bunking with you and Spike? They will be, since the dorms all changed to accommodate six to a room instead of four. but they'll be here later. Actually, I should be seeing them next period and if I leave now, I can actually make it on time."

"Alright, but no flying through the halls."

"Aww, Mom...."

"No flying!"

"You're no fun, Mom."

"I'm the Fiery Defender of Order, I'm not meant to be fun."

"You really have no sense of humor...."

"And you inherited your father's. Go."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Don't call me ma'am."

"Yes, sir."

"Just go."

And with that, Aidan left the classroom and went to go meet up with Spike, Cade, Ren, Jet, and Jay. Spike and Aidan were twins, the twins of Emily Rhodes, now Emily Rhodes-Morales, and Jake Morales. Cade and Jay were the twins of Finn and Reed Skylark. Jet was Grey's son and Ren was Aurora's son. Grey and Aurora had gotten married to decent men and also received teaching positions at the Academy. Grey took over for her father as the Earth/Metal for Beginners teacher and Aurora was the Healing teacher as well as the school nurse. Jake and Reed had jobs here at the Academy as well, Reed as the Assistant Principal and Jake as the Hand-to-Hand Combat teacher. Finn also taught at the Academy as the Flying teacher. Each of them had their own sobriquets, which were developed at graduation. Emily was The Fiery Defender of Order, Grey was The Stone Pacifist, Finn was The Gentle Tempest, and Aurora was The Healing Glacier. Jake and Reed also had their nicknames as well, Jake being The Whirling Hammer and Reed being The Zephyr Guardian.

Aidan had inherited his mother's fire/lightning powers while Spike had inherited his father's air/sound powers. Both Skylark twins inherited their parents' air/sound powers, Ren inherited his mother's water/ice powers, though he showed no signs of being able to heal, and Jet had inherited his mother's earth/metal powers. Reed had made the decision to allow the six teens to room together and gave them the same room that their parents had had during their time at the Academy. Right now, each teen was being trained to use their powers, but one day, they would be called upon to take up the mantle their parents once held and save the world once more. No one knew when evil would strike again, or if it would, but if it did, they'd be ready for it.