Chapter Four

Emily got up and out of bed early and went into her adjoining bathroom. She stepped out of her pajamas and stepped into her shower. She washed her hair and her body and she was done within ten to fifteen minutes. She got out, wrapped a towel around her body and one around her hair, then stepped back into her room. She went over to her closet and pulled out a black, long sleeved corset top which had black, lace trim along the collar, her uniform skirt, a pair of black tights, and her black, heeled boots. She changed into her outfit she laid out and removed the towel from her head. She went back into her bathroom, brushed her hair, and pulled it back into two braids. She brushed her teeth and put on some light makeup, a light pink lip gloss, a light smattering of blush along her cheeks, and a light smattering of a light pink eyeshadow. She normally never wore pink anything, but her sister gave her a makeup kit for her birthday one year, so she thought she'd use it out of kindness to her sister. She checked her makeup again and walked out into the living room, then sat down on the couch.

Finn began her day with a shower as well, then changed into a white dress with a pair of white leggings, and her white boots. Her blonde hair hung down in soft waves and she made her way out into the living room, sitting down on the couch.

Grey got up and washed her layered gray hair in her bathroom sink, then went back into her room and changed into her usual ensemble of a graphic T-shirt, a pair of skinny jeans, and a pair of tennis shoes. She came out into the living room and sat down on the couch.

Aurora got up, took a shower, dressed in the clothes that she had, finished getting ready for the day, and walked out into the living room, sitting down in the armchair across from the couch.

"We should go get breakfast before we continue our exploration of campus," Finn told the other three girls. She continued, "You can't go exploring on an empty stomach!"

Grey, Aurora, and Emily couldn't argue with her reasoning, but Emily thought Finn was just a bit too cheerful for this early morning. She let it go and agreed that they should head to Sendry Hall for some breakfast before doing some more exploring before their classes began on Monday. They also figured out that they should probably case the academic buildings in order to locate their classrooms for their classes. The girls headed down to Sendry for breakfast.

When they walked into the cafeteria, they headed over to the breakfast buffet and each grabbed a plate. Everything at the school seemed color coded, even the dishes. Finn's plate was white, Grey's was green, Aurora's was blue, and Emily's was red. The girls loaded their plates with breakfast foods, such as eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and other foodstuffs, then they moved onto the beverage bar. Emily grabbed a cup and filled it with hot water, placing a Chamomile teabag in it, Grey and Aurora grabbed glasses of apple juice, and Finn grabbed a glass of milk. They then went and sat down at a table and began eating their meals.

Once their meals were gone, they cleaned up their areas and headed off to do some more exploring. Their next place of interest on their map was the gymnasium. This was to be the room where Emily would have both her gymnastics and hand to hand combat classes. Finn and Grey didn't really like the gymnasium as neither of them really liked exercise, but they both had to admit, it looked like a really fun place to come and blow off some steam after a stressful day. Emily looked happy at the facility and she knew it was somewhere she could come to practice or blow off steam. Their next stop on their trip around campus was the workout facility. Grey and Finn really didn't like the workout facility either. They liked the gym better than this facility. After surveying the workout room for a bit, they headed to some of the academic buildings to scope out some of the classrooms. They each pulled out their schedules to see where each of their classes were.

Emily's schedule was comprised of History of Elements from 9:00 AM until 9:50 AM with Ms. Eve. Lilith, then she had Hand-to-Hand Combat from 10:00 AM until 10:50 AM with Mr. Charles "Chuck" Blake. Her next class was Gymnastics from 11:00 AM until 11:50 AM with Ms. Nadia Tate, then she had lunch from noon until 12:50 PM. Her last class was Fire and Lightning for Beginners from 1:00 PM until 1:50 PM with Mr. Kelvin Ferno.

Grey had History of Elements first, the same class with Emily, Finn, and Aurora, from 9:00 AM until 9:50 AM, then she had Earth and Metal for Beginners with Mr. Sherman Terra, from 10:00 AM until 10:50 AM. Her next class was Earth Science with Mr. Hayward Andreas, from 11:00 AM until 11:50 AM, and then lunch, from noon until 12:50 PM, again with Emily, Finn, and Aurora. Her last class was Gardening with Ms. Rosalind "Rose" Flor, from 1:00 PM until 1:50 PM.

Aurora had History of Elements with Emily, Finn, and Grey, from 9:00 AM until 9:50 AM, then Healing with Nurse Elize Rayne, from 10:00 AM until 10:50 AM. She was puzzled by this class and why she would be in it, but as with the rest of her classes, she'd give it her best. Her next class was Swimming with Ms. Natalie Rivers, from 11:00 AM until 11:50 AM and then she went to lunch with the other girls, from noon until 12:50. Her last class was Water and Ice for Beginners with Mr. Michael Eddy, from 1:00 PM until 1:50 PM.

Finn had History of Elements first, same as the other girls, from 9:00 AM until 9:50 AM, then she had Air and Sound for Beginners with Mr. Alexander "Alex" Bel, from 10:00 AM until 10:50 AM. Flying with Coach Howard Cirrus was next, from 11:00 AM until 11:50 AM, and then she had lunch with Emily, Grey, and Aurora, from noon until 12:50 PM. Her last class was Astronomy with Mr. Edwin Stella, from 1:00 PM until 1:50 PM.

Most of their classrooms were easy to find. All they had to do was look at the room number, the name of the hall, and the map to find the correct rooms. Some of the classes didn't have rooms, halls, or were on the map, so those were the ones they'd have to ask about. Grey's Earth and Metal for Beginners and Finn's Flying classes were examples of the classes that had no room or hall assignment. That seemed to conclude their self-guided tour of the sprawling campus, so the four girls headed back to their dorm room in order to relax and make sure they were ready for the daily grinds and stresses of school work, come Monday.