Chapter 25:

I put my clothes away in the closet and put away the lingerie in the drawers and smiled. That was quick and easy. Then my thoughts wandered and I just sat on the floor in my closet staring at the wall. It made me grab the box that I kept hidden and open it.

The pictures of me and drake were in here, from when we're happy. His smile was evident in all of these, and I saw the genuine love in his eyes. I looked so pretty with his arms wrapped around me, his hands on my curved belly. I really loved him.

"Is that drake?" Came a soft voice beside me and I jumped and turned to see Megan. I nodded my head. "I met him once. But no one would tell me what happened."

"I got pregnant by Randy. He had raped me. But I tried to commit suicide, knowing I was pregnant and drake saved me. So when Randy let me go, I went back to my home here and drake followed. He stayed with me. And we fell in love. He loved the baby as if it was his own. He even went to the ultrasound appointments and said he was the father." I took a deep breath and wiped my tears as I pulled out one of the ultrasound photos and handed it to Megan. "But Randy broke in one night, when drake and I were sleeping and when drake got up with his gun, Randy shot him. Drake died in my arms. And sometimes I still wake up screaming for drake and the baby."

"I'm so sorry, Kylie." She whispered and wrapped her arms around my neck and I clung to her for dear life and just sobbed. I finally let myself cry over everything bothering me. From the stuff with Randy, to my love hate relationship with Keith.

"It's ok." I whispered and pulled away, wiping my tears on my sleeve. "Thank you. I don't have many friends here."

"I understand. I had no friends with James." She said and sighed. "Are they going to try and get me back?"

I nodded. "They will try. But my Gang will protect you, Megan. They won't let anything happen to you. Just stay by my side." I said and she nodded in response.

"Am I safe here?" She asked in a soft voice and if I wasn't paying attention I wouldn't have heard her.

"Yes. You're completely safe here." I said and held up the photo of drake kissing my belly. "This is drake. He looks different because he changed his appearance. He didn't want the baby born when he looked like a thug. He wanted to look like a family man and be the man the baby needed."

"He changed for love." She said and smiled. "I wish I had that."

"I miss him dearly. And you will find someone. It'll take time. I've loved Keith my whole life, he's my best friend and the man who owns my heart, but I'm afraid to fully tell him how I feel. I'm broken, Megan. I don't want to risk him turning away from me completely. I need him in my life." I said and felt a whole new wave of tears. "He's my soul mate, Megan."

"I'm not going anywhere, baby." Keith said from the doorway and I jumped again. Fuck! Why do people love sneaking up on me.

"How long have you been there?" I asked and stared at him.

"Since you talked about what happened between you and Randy. I'm sorry that happened to you, Kylie. But I'm here now to stay. Please don't think I'll ever leave you." He said and walked past Megan to sit down next to me and pull me onto his lap and hug me. Megan silently got up and left and i started to cry. Why? Why did I have to break down now? I thought I got rid of this side of me.