Chapter 17:

I woke up and attempted to stretch but was stopped by a hard arm wrapped around my body. When my eyes locked on Keith my heart melted, he was awake and staring at me, which made me blush and try harder to get away, but then I felt something poke me and I started to panic.

"Hey, hey. Calm down. Nothing will happen. It's normal for me in the mornings. Especially after sleeping with you in my arms last night." Keith said and his husky, sleepy voice made me tingle.

I nodded my head and just stared at Keith. Then all the memories hit me and Keith gave me a soft smile before he got up and left. Great, now not only am I depressed, but cold.

I got up and felt the dull ache in my heart. Drake was really gone. And waking up to Keith holding me just sank the knife in deeper to my heart. He was gone. Randy killed him. And there was no way I could get drake back.

A sob escaped my lips and I grabbed whatever I could and threw it across the room, watching the case shatter into pieces. Then I grabbed the photo of Randy and I together and chucked it too, smiling and crying as the frame shattered into pieces. But when I walked over to it I grabbed the photo and realized it was folded.

My fingers trembled as I unfolded it and stared at drake in the photo, staring at me and drake with hatred and... Love? I knew he loved me when Randy let me go, but what is this about? Why didn't he say anything sooner? I cried and clutched the photo to my chest.

When my tears stopped I tried to clean up the glass and ended up cutting my hand open. I hissed in pain and Keith came skidding into the room, staring at the blood dripping from my hand. My hearing buzzed and I didn't quite realize what was going on until Keith lifted me up and set me on the counter in my bathroom. Then he dug around in the draws and found the first aid kit.

"What happened?" Keith asked and pulled the glass from my hand then poured peroxide on it and I didn't feel any pain, just watched the liquid bubble in the cuts. "Kylie? You're worrying me."

"Gang members shouldn't be worried about a nobody like me." I whispered and stared at the blood on my hand, dripping down onto my thigh.

"Well I do! I've loved you since we were kids, Kylie. I need you in my life." He said and then wiped the liquid off my hand and dried it the best he could before putting a piece of gauze on my palm and wrapping my hand in bandages. "Please, talk."

"He's really gone." I whispered and broke down in tears. My sons echoed in the bathroom as Keith gathered me in his arms and rocked us back and forth until someone softly knocked on the doorway. Keith looked up and sighed.

"Kylie. Put on some warm clothes and the jacket your dad gave you. We're doing something." Keith said and then carried me back to the room and set me on the bed. "I'll be downstairs. Meet me down there when you're done."

I nodded and the he left, pulling the door shut softly after him. When I heard his footsteps leave I got up and dressed in all black. Black panties and bra, black long sleeve top and tight black jeans. Then I pulled on my black vans and the black hoodie my dad gave me with he Gang symbol on the back. As I walked into the bathroom I looked in the mirror at my reflection.

My hair was fading a lot and my black was starting to show through. My once bright sapphire blue eyes were now dull and lifeless and my hand was bandaged. I ran a brush through my hair and added a little eye liner to make my eyes look brighter. Then I left my room and walked downstairs and found Keith talking with Michael and my dad.

They all looked at me with sad eyes and I sighed and entered the living room. No one else was in here.

"Come on Kylie. We're late." Michael said as he grabbed my hand and walked me out the back door, and put towards the forest line, where we walked through and I was met by the rest of the gang. In a cemetery.

"What's going on?" I asked as I looked up at my dad.

"We're burying drake, sweetie." He said and wrapped an arm around my shoulders as he led me through the group that parted and up to the freshly covered grave. "We buried him already, Kylie, I didn't want the chance of you doing something stupid."

I felt tears well up in my eyes as I saw the mound of dirt that covered my boyfriends grave. When I collapsed three sets of hands grabbed me and I looked up at the three men that were now back in my life.

"Why did his have to happen to me?" I asked as my throat closed up with more tears and I hid my face in my hands. The gang stayed silent but I heard some sniffles and knew instantly they already saw me as family.

"Because you're beautiful. That's why. Randy is an asshole, Kylie. He doesn't deserve to be a gang leader. And if I get my way, he won't be much longer. His gang will become mine. Well, those that I don't kill." My dad said and sat down on the grass next to me and just pulled me into his lap as if I was a small child, and just rocked us back and forth as Keith had done. "What happened to your hand, baby girl?"

"I cut it trying to clean up some glass." I said and cradled my injured hand to my chest. "But Keith cleaned it up and bandaged it for me. I'm sorry, daddy. I just can't do this."

He nodded and gave me a sad smile as he tucked my head into his chest and hummed the lullaby he used to sing when I was a kid. Snow was falling slowly and I felt my strength coming to me.

"Will she be alright?" Came a gentle voice from somewhere around us but I didn't want to move and look around.

"She's grieving. I didn't expect this to be easy for her. She just needs to know that we have her back." My father said and I heard another voice scoff.

"Her? No. I don't have the backs of pathetic whores." Someone said and I felt my dad go rigid. But this time I did get up and stare into her face. She didn't back down, but her brown eyes wavered.

"Why hello again, Leslie. Such a pleasure to see your face." I said and then grabbed the back of her head and dragged her to the ground. She screamed as I slammed her head into the frozen ground and then placed a swift kick to her ribs. My fighting side was still strong in me, but I didn't let it show very often. I was still skinny and small.

"Kylie." A voice said and the red faded from my vision and I stared at Keith. He opened his arms and I walked to him and let him engulf me in a hug.

"Good job, honey. You will make a good leader one day." My father said and I watched him grin at me and then glare at Leslie, who was now up, blood pouring from her nose and clutching her ribs.

"I will... Get you... Bitch." She snarled and I just smiled at her and turned so my back was to Keith's chest. "He's mine."

"Sorry sweetie. But he's mine." I said and turned, planting a deep kiss on Keith's lips, which he instantly returned. "See? He wants me."

Her snarl made me spin and I pushed Keith to the side as she launched herself at me. I landed under her, but my knees were up so I easily shoved her off of me and then punched her solar plexus, effectively making her gasp for breath and clutch her chest before I kicked her ribs again.

"Try it again and I won't hesitate to kill you. I may seem weak, but get on my bad side and you're dead bitch. One more misstep and your body will never be found." I snarled and stared down at her. "Am I understood?!"

She nodded quickly and I smiled and shoved her with my foot before taking my spot back by Keith. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I stood straight to address the rest of the gang members.

"Look here, I may only be your leaders daughter but that doesn't mean I will stand disrespect. I can take punches, but know I will deal them out ten times harder. Take your little slut here for example, I may be grieving, and my heart may be broken but my father is your leader. You show me respect and you will get it in return. Got it?!" I yelled and watched the men smile and shout as they said 'yes ma'am' and watched the women grumble but nod their heads. Then I looked at my dad. "How'd I do?"

"You did amazing. I'm so proud of you." He said and pulled me from Keith's arms, hugging me tight. "Keep up your strength, sweetie. The fights just beginning."