Chapter 3:

Kylie's POV:

When I woke up this time I remembered where I was. Well kinda. I was in an apartment, and I think it was the cuties. As I got out of bed, I remembered not to put too much weight on my ankle and kind of limped out of the room. I had on a pair of shorts that were not mine and a really baggy t-shirt.

I leaned against the wall when I needed to and eventually found the living room, where I saw mr cutie laying on the couch, fast asleep. He snored softly and I quietly laughed. But i hit a squeaky spot in the floor and he instantly bolted upright and his eyes scanned the room before landing on me, then he visibly relaxed.

"You're awake." He said and I shivered. His voice was husky from sleep and it awoke things inside of me that no one had caused.

"S-sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." I stuttered and leaned against the wall, my ribs screaming in protest.

"It's quite alright Kylie. Are you hungry?" He asked as he got up and came over to me. His body rippled with muscles as he walked and he was tall. 6'5" maybe. Compared to my 5'4".

I nodded my head and he very carefully lifted me up bridal style and carried me to the couch, where he carefully set me down and I smiled at him. His eyes lit up and he grinned back.

"Stay here. I'll make us a couple sandwiches. Find whatever you want on tv." He said and then left the room, and I grabbed the remote off the table and kicked back, putting my feet on the couch and trying to prop up my ankle. "Can I help you get comfortable?"

I looked up and saw him with a plate of food and two glasses filled with a dark liquid. He set the stuff on the table and lifted up my ankle carefully before he took the pillows spot and put my ankle on his lap. Then he handed me a sandwich and I flipped through the channels before settling on chopped. I loved to cook.

"Cooking channel? Really?" He asked after he swallowed a bite of his sandwich and i blushed and shrugged my shoulders.

"I like cooking." I whispered and smiled shyly.

"You'll have to cook for me when you get better." He said and flashed a grin, showing off some adorable dimples.

"Maybe I will. Where are we?" I asked and looked around the room. It was comfortable, but a little bare. It needed a woman's touch.

"My home. On the outskirts of town." He said and finished his sandwich. I finished mine quietly and grabbed the glass and took a sip. Dr pepper. Yummy. "How are you feeling, Kylie?"

"Sore. What happened? I remember smoking s cigarette during my break and some guys coming up to me, but after that my mind draws a blank." I said and took another sip.

"I found you in the alley. There were three guys that were beating you. I k-took care of them. You were almost dead when I brought you here." He said and looked away, his eyes going dark. I reached over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. He flinched but then relaxed and took my hand and placed it on my leg. "I'm sorry. I'm not used to people touching me."

"Oh." I said and basically curled into myself on the couch. I removed my legs from his lap and curled up in the corner, and went back to watching tv.

"Hey. You didn't have to move." He said and looked at me.

"I'm going back to sleep." I said and got up, trying to walk back to the room I was in, but randy came and picked me up gently, trying to be gentle with my ribs and carried me back to the room. He set me on the bed and I got up and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door as randy said my name.

Tears filled my eyes and I didn't even know why. I didn't know randy, so why was I crying over the face he didn't want me to touch him? Why did my heart ache so much over the fact that I wanted to be touching him, but he didn't want my touch?