15. Finally, she was back.

Finally, she was back in her room.

Mikasa tiredly pulled off her military trench coat and sighed. She wanted nothing more than to run a hot bath and catch a night's rest.

For the past two days, the only thing she's done is spend time with Eren and Armin in the hospital. In those days, Mikasa felt like she was transported to her little island, just her and her best friends.

It was the happiest she's ever felt in two years.

Mikasa scanned the room she shared with Jean. He was nowhere to be found. As the time to their wedding winds down, she'd hardly seen him in the past days.

Mikasa hadn't realized it but she is to be wedded.

Soon.

In just a week to be precise, she constantly pushed this fact to the back of her mind, for every time she thought of this it drained her completely.

Instead, she'd just run to her memories with Eren and Armin and she'd immediately feel vitalized again.

Mikasa began to cleansed herself leisurely. She took her time, making sure to clean every inch of her body.

She felt replenished. Her body lightened of the day's dust and sweat. She sighed and clutched the towel to her chest. She shook out her sopping short, ebony tresses. She draped a towel over her head and strolled out the room whilst patting her hair dry.

Mikasa sauntered back into the bed chambers of the room, ready to change into her nightgown, however, someone else had the same idea.

"Holy shit!" Jean screamed terrified as he saw a silent white flash pass in his peripheral vision. Mikasa was startled at his curse, she tugged the towel off her head to give him a questioning look.

"Oh thank the walls it's just you, Mikasa... in a towel... dripping wet..." Jean's face became bright red as he quickly turned his back towards her to give her privacy.

Mikasa was puzzled by his reaction, finding it strange.

"No need to act so unfamiliar, Jean," she commented whilst continuing to dry her hair. "I mean you're shirtless right now as well, aren't you?"

Jean cursed at his state of undress.

"Uhh, right... I was just going to change when you walked out, I didn't know you'd be here, I apolo-"

"You don't have to apologize, just continue dressing, I don't care," The girl finally finished patting her hair dry, she went to put down the damp towel when she noticed something in Jean's hand.

Something she had left in the woods.

"Is that my scarf, Jean?" She questioned, wondering how he found it. If she remembered correctly, she had used it to tie Eren up and after everything that occurred, they all left it behind in the woods.

"Oh, uh yeah. I noticed you didn't have it that last day I saw you. And it wasn't with your things when I was packing for you either, so I went back into the woods and found it. I meant to give it to you, I swear! It was a little dirty so I wash it and-"

"Thank you so much!" She rushed to him and yanked the cloth out of his grasps, she held it lovingly to her chest, noting that it was cleaner than when she last saw it.