Chapter 8

So, Brett fell into a very deep sleep, something he hadn't done since he awoke from his coma.

It was thanks to the intense arousal, fulfilment and subsequent exhaustion he felt after a very intimate and iNtErEsTiNg night with Eddy and the large mirror in their bedroom. Brett's brain must have turned into complete mush and lost all capacity for any thought processes, making him incapable of having any dreams whatsoever.

Brett slept through the night and did not wake up once till morning. When he opened his eyes, he saw a naked body still fast asleep next to him. The man had his face turned away from Brett. Brett expected it to be his own body but looking at the sleeping man's bare shoulders and back with his blurred vision, he looked bigger...

Eddy...?

Eddy is sleeping next to me..?

OMG, we.. switched back...!?!?!?!

Brett wanted to check the face.

Brett drew in a sharp breath and opened his eyes. He then squinted to the bright light.

Agh why is the room so friggin' bright ?

Then he realised something.

F*CK I woke up in the wrong world!!! I wanted to wake up in the previous world, with Eddy lying naked next to me!!

"Mr Chen?"

Oh, no... I'm still Mr Chen..

"...Dude!"

There's my voice.. Eddy..

Brett's pupils adjusted to the brightness of the room and he was able to focus on the person in front of him. It was the usual scene since the Switch, it was still as if he was looking into a mirror.

"Eddy.."

"Huh? Do I look like Eddy to you?"

"...I mean Brett... I'm so sorry..."

"Hey.. it's okay.. don't cry..."

"He must be confused. I'll go get the doctor."

The nurse hurried out of the room. Once she was gone, Brett grabbed Eddy's arm and whispered to him.

"Eddy.. I'm so sorry you must have been so frightened with us swapping bodies... How long have I been in a coma?"

Eddy (in Brett's body) let his jaw drop.

"...Brett ??? How did you know you were in a coma?? How come this bizarre situation hasn't freaked you out..!?!?"

"Eddyyyyyyyy...!!"

Brett started to cry.

"OMG... Brett, what is it ?"

"Eddy, I.. just want to go home... I'll answer the doctor's questions and then you'll take me home, yeah ? Please, Eddy, ...I'll explain everything when we get home.. I .. just want to go home..."

Eddy was so confused.

"Okay... I'll do my best to take you home asap, I promise."

"...Brett..?  Did you just say Groundhog day?"

They were back at home and Brett (in Eddy's body) looked up from his computer.

"Yeah, it's an old movie. 1993."

"The year I was born."

"Yeah, I'd be like 1 year old,"

"Okay, so what about this movie ?"

"A guy gets trapped in a timeloop and relives the same thing over and over."

"....and you think this is what's happened to you?"

"Yes. I know this sounds crazy..but Eddy... this is my 3rd round."

"OMFG"

"I feel like I just have to reach out at the right moment to get out of this."

"What do you mean ?"

"There is a moment after I have a deep sleep, when I see you, Eddy, lying next to me. I feel like if I could just grab you and wake you and if we both see each other in our own bodies, then things will be back to normal."

"Okay... so let's get you into a deep sleep then."

Brett sighed.

"..what?"

"It was a bit difficult to convince you last time..."

"Why? I'm not the same person in your head am I? Try me."

So this time Eddy was much more open to the idea. However, new worries started to flare up in Brett's mind.

If I finally escape from this time-loop, will I get to go back to a world where things are back to normal or is there going to be a new normal?

What if... worst-case scenario... I was already... dead ?

What if.... f*ck, the real worst-case scenario... Eddy was.. oh god, no.

...Would it be better to stay where I am, even if I get caught up in a time-loop every time I enjoy some deep sleep? At least I'm with Eddy...

______________________________

A/N: Thank you always for reading my stories. This is the second last chapter of this book. The next chapter will be the last.