Chapter 6

Brett fell into a very deep sleep, something he hadn't done in a while.

It was thanks to the intense arousal, fulfilment and subsequent exhaustion he felt after a very intimate and iNtErEsTiNg night with Eddy and the large mirror in their bedroom (their new best friend to overcome some hurdles that had been making things in the bedroom terribly difficult). Brett's brain must have turned into complete mush and lost all capacity for any thought processes, making him incapable of having any dreams whatsoever.

Brett slept through the night and did not wake up once till morning. When he opened his eyes, he saw a naked body still fast asleep next to him. The man had his face turned away from Brett. Brett expected it to be his own body but looking at the sleeping man's bare shoulders and back with his blurred vision, he looked bigger...

Eddy...?

Eddy is sleeping next to me..?

OMG, we.. switched back...!?!?!?!

Brett wanted to check the face and reached his hand out...

Brett drew in a sharp breath and opened his eyes. He then squinted to the bright light.

Agh, why is the room so friggin' bright?

"Mr Chen?"

Oh, so we didn't switch back.. I'm still Mr Chen..

"...Dude!"

That's my voice.. so that must be Eddy..

Brett's pupils adjusted to the brightness of the room and he was able to focus on the person in front of him. It was the usual scene since the Switch, it was still as if he was looking into a mirror.

"Eddy.."

"Huh? Do I look like Eddy to you?"

"...What ?? Eddy, why are you crying?"

"He must be confused. I'll go get the doctor."

The unknown woman standing nearby hurried out of the room.

"Eddy? What's the matter ?"

"Brett ??? What's the matter!? You're saying what is the matter ??!!! Why aren't you freaking out? Do you realise what's happened?"

"No, I've got no idea, that's why I'm asking!"

"Just who do I look like, Brett ?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, we've switched bodies, already know that bit."

Eddy (in Brett's body) opened his eyes wide.

"You do!?!?!?!?"

"..Eddy? Why the heck do you sound so surprised? We've been like this for weeks now? ...Wait a minute... Eddy.. where the f*ck am I ?"

Eddy (in Brett's body) squeezed his eyes shut as he started to sob.

"You've been in a f*cking coma for days since that drowning accident..."

"WHAT..!??"

"But you knew we switched bodies? How?"

"I.. I don't know. We were both resuscitated on the beach that day... but when we came about we had switched bodies."

"WTF? No, Brett, I was resuscitated on the beach but you hadn't regained consciousness till.. now"

"OMG... so I was just dreaming in a coma?!?! But in my mind, we've been carrying on our lives.. making Youtube videos and playing violin and....using a mirror..."

"Huh?? Carrying on our lives?? Even though we had switched ? ...and what the f*ck do you use the mirror for !?"

"Yeah... Eddy.. um... I'll explain about the mirror later.. So does anyone know about our switch?"

"No.. no one knows..."

"OMG, Eddy, I'm so sorry, you must have been so frightened by yourself..."

"You have no idea..."

When the doctor arrived at their room, Brett cautiously answered all the relevant questions the doctor had for him and was promptly discharged from the hospital without any suspicions that he and Eddy had swapped bodies.

Upon returning back to their unit, from Brett's perspective, Eddy complained again that he couldn't reach the coffee that he had last left on the top shelf in the pantry as Brett giggled and reached up to get it for him. They chatted over coffee as Brett told Eddy what he had managed to find out while he was in his coma.

"I do have to warn you though Eddy, that you can't take everything I experienced as gospel, I may have worked some things out wrong... It's probably worth testing everything out again..."

Eddy was amazed at how Brett seemed so at ease with the situation. He guessed Brett wasn't kidding when he said that in his mind he had been living his life for weeks under the switched conditions. Eddy was intrigued to be told that he probably wouldn't be as afraid of cockroaches as he used to be, now that he was in Brett's body which didn't have the same physiological responses towards the wretched insect. Eddy was somewhat pleased to hear this news but was not in a hurry to test it out.

The first thing they did was grab their violins and confirm what Brett knew already, that Eddy's perfect pitch stayed in Eddy's body for Brett to enjoy and Brett's left-hand muscle memory and agility stayed in Brett's body for Eddy to take advantage of.

Brett explained that they could either act like their usual selves in their Youtube videos and let their fans go crazy over a body-switch conspiracy, or they should try harder to act as what they appear to be and see how far they could go before the fans notice anything.

"You see, Eddy, we were a bit careless before...."

"Brett, it's strange when you say we when I have no awareness of being there with you.."

"Yeah, I'm sorry.. it must not be a very pleasant feeling, is it"

"It's okay Brett, it's not your fault.."