Chapter 2

"Brett..what are we going to do ?"

Brett and Eddy sat side by side in the emergency vehicle as they were on their way to being taken to the hospital. They were able to quietly mumble to each other without being heard by the paramedic.

"Stop calling me Brett. Dude, we just have to go with it. You're me and I'm you."

"...Bro, this is crazy! We can't do that, they're going to ask us about all these questions at the hospital.."

"And you want to be suspected of being delusional? What are the odds of us both being delusional simultaneously? Do you wanna be held in hospital for further scans and tests and sh*t?"

"OMG.."

Brett (in Eddy's body) squeezed Eddy's hand.  It was weird holding his own hand even though he liked the look of it as it looked like Eddy was holding his hand. Brett used Eddy's thumb to stroke the back of his own hand.  Eddy must have caught on on what Brett was doing as he also started to gently stroke the back of his own hand using Brett's fingers.

"..Dude, don't worry, if I ever get stuck, just help me out, say I must be shaken up. I'll look out for you, too, okay? We're a couple, it's okay, we're allowed to answer each other's questions."

"So, Eddy, your date of birth? Any known allergies? What is your address? Contact phone number?"

Brett (in Eddy's body) rattled off all the necessary information with ease to the nurse.

"...Okay, Brett, what about you? DOB, allergies and home address and contact number please."

Brett (in Eddy's body) elbowed Eddy (in Brett's body).

"Huh? Me? Oh yes, um..."

Once his head was in gear, Eddy had no problems telling the nurse all the necessary information about Brett.

"So you guys live together and you are each other's emergency contacts?"

"Yes, we're partners."

"As in a De facto relationship?"

"Yes."

"OK, the doctor will be with you in a moment."

Once the nurse left them sitting side by side on the hospital bed, surrounded by curtains, they remembered the events that brought them to the hospital in the first place.

"Brett.. thank you so much for saving me.  You were so brave..."

"Eddy... OMG, OMG, you scared the sh*t out of me."

"OMG Brett, please stop crying.. it's too weird seeing myself cry.. actually, it's not. I cry all the time. I bet it must look so weird to you seeing yourself cry."

"Yeah, it's hella weird. But I'm just glad you are okay..."

They hugged each other, sobbing into each other's shoulders.

Eddy's voice (from Brett's body) kept hitching.

"I ..just ..wanna ...go ...home, Brett."

Brett (in Eddy's body) caressed Eddy's head (which was actually Brett's).

"Yeah me, too, Eddy... Let's hope the doctor comes by to discharge us soon.. we have to talk about.. this."

Brett (in Eddy's body) unlocked their front door and held it open to let Eddy (in Brett's body) in first, then they both walked inside their house.

"Coffee?"

"Yes please, Eddy,  that would be great."

Brett watched himself stride into the kitchen.

"Dude, you still walk like an Eddy."

Eddy (in Brett's body) poked his face out from the kitchen.

"What a weird thing to say, Brett."

"I suppose."

Eddy (in Brett's body) disappeared back into the kitchen.

"OMFG who put the coffee up there?? Sh*t it was me again wasn't it. Sorry."

Brett (in Eddy's body) chuckled.

"Here, lemme get that. Now you know what it feels like."

Brett stepped up behind Eddy and reached up to get the coffee beans from the top shelf.

"Thanks, I had no idea.."

"It's okay.. it was a pleasure.  Hmm, maybe that's why you do it all the time..."

Eddy made the coffee and Brett poured it into mugs.

"Here's yours Eddy."

"Ta. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH"

"What!!??!"

"HOT.."

Eddy (in Brett's body) ran to the sink to get some water.

"Oh sh*t, are you alright ??"

"I'm usually okay with hot drinks.. sorry, I think I burnt the inside of your mouth. I better add milk to this or something."

"Eddy, I've added 3 sugars to my coffee and it tastes funny on my tongue."

"Ew, Brett. I think it's because my tongue can't handle that much sugar in a coffee."

"OMG... Eddy, we need to find out which parts are still ourselves and which parts aren't"

"Yeah.... OMG."

"What?  OMG..."

"Yeah, Brett... I think you're thinking what I'm thinking.. we need to check the most important stuff first..."

"Yeah Eddy...  we better go get our violins."