- Epilogue -

1 Year Later

You had to admit, your sister looked simply resplendent. She had gotten her dress professionally made, specifically tailored to hug her figure in all the right ways. It was a beautiful floral thing that floated around her legs like water when she moved. It was refreshing to see her in her own clothes rather than in the suits your mother made her wear when she worked at the Jurisdictive Quarters. Speaking of, you were not excited to see your mother again. You don't think you'd seen her for more than thirty seconds at a time after the war, and now you were going to have to sit across from her for a whole night.

"Don't look so glum, I don't look that bad do I?" Your sister frowned at your stormy expression.

"Oh, no, of course not, you look amazing, better than amazing even, I'm just thinking about seeing our mother again," you admitted, but she waved your concern away.

"Don't worry about her, she starts trying any bullshit with you, just remind her you killed Satan," your sister said, causing you to laugh loudly. To be honest fighting Satan sounded less scary than fighting your mother. Satan was nasty, but your mother was her own kind of evil.

"Have you seen any of the others yet?" You asked her, watching as she looked over her reflection one last time, smoothing out imaginary wrinkles.

"Oh yes, I saw Sylvia, and of course, she looks really fucking hot, as always." Your sister scoffed, but her tone was smothered in fondness. In the past year, the heads of the branches had gotten a lot closer, all of them ecstatic to start working together and build a whole new world.

You supposed that change effectively started today. It had been a year since you'd overthrown the government, and what a long year it had been. The process of trying to get everything together was lengthy and tiring. Sorting out the little intricacies and pulling everything together into a coherent working system was a lot of hard work. You had worked closely with the Branch Leaders through it all, trying your best to help everyone sort everything out, though you had stepped down from any sort of leadership position. You were simply there to offer any help should it be needed.

Well, that was until your sister had managed to convince you to be the head guard of her military. She assured you that the position was largely ornamental for now. You were upset about it at first, you didn't want to be leading armies anymore, but after some communication and gentle persuasion, you began to grow thankful. It gave you something to do, something for you to focus on while you all worked through the grief and emotional baggage that came from fighting a war. And Alex was mostly right, there was not due to be another war any time soon, for now your job mostly happened behind a desk.

Technically everyone had already started their jobs, well and truly, but today it all finally became official. The system of government would be announced, the leaders of the branches would be appointed, and then there would be the biggest party ever to be had in the history of the world. You were duly excited for that part.

But you were also very proud of your sister. After all this time she would finally be appointed head of one of the main branches of government, and she deserved it all. All the others were in their own dressing rooms, getting dressed up in all their finery, all preparing to be crowned Branch Leader and commemorate the start of a new world.

The event was taking place in the City Hall, the massive marble building decorated extravagantly, with a large conglomerate of community members coming together to deck it out in all it's resplendence. Out of curiosity you'd gone and had a walk through before, and you were pleasantly blown away.

Outside the window, the sun was just disappearing beyond the horizon, the event starting at twilight, to accompany the needs of both Sylvia and any other vampires attending.