💚 'There's A Note' 💚

As I lay on my bed, tears still falling from my eyes, a knock stopped my train of thought.
"Maiya." I heard them say, I looked up to see Narrator stood in the doorway, "you okay, hunny bunches?"
I smiled at the man and nodding though I knew I wasn't. He slowly walked over and eventually sat on my bed.
"I'm sorry about what happened." He told me, "you didn't deserve that!"
"I mean, it was going to happen eventually. But thanks, Narrator." I smiled, wrapping my arms around his shoulders and burying my head into his neck.
"Call me Grant." He chuckled, myself pulling away and smiling.
"Trust me with your name, huh?" I frowned, happy he did.
"Course! I mean, nothing bad has come from you knowing Gaege, Eddie and Josh's."
"I'm dying the know the others'" I laughed, standing to my feet, helping Grant up after I had done so.
"If you ask them they'll probably tell you." He smiled, opening the door for me. We wandered out of the corridor and into the hallway where I saw Gaege sat.
"You okay?" I asked, the boy drifting back into reality.
"Uh, yeah." He spoke, climbing to his feet, "are you okay, now?"
I nodded, knowing that was easier than saying I miss the enemy. Enemy. A word I never thought I'd use to describe Dom or Eric or Drew or Daz or Lannan, yet here I am.

As I entered the living room, I received awkward smiles from Fairybread and Josh who were sat very close together, watching some film I'd never heard of. The only thing I knew was that it was about a mafia.
"Taking notes, boys?" I laughed as I walked by the two to the bathroom. I received a chuckle before going inside. My reflection immediately caught my eye as I passed the mirror. I stared into my own eyes, disgusted at what I saw.
How could I do this to my family? I thought as I now stared into the sink. The tap began to run, the cold water splashing into my hands which I used to clean my face. I looked up once more, this time my face dripping.
"Maiya, you okay in there?" Fairybread called from the living room, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah, I'm fine!" I replied, wiping my face on the towel before walking back out to see a sympathetic pair looking towards me.
"You wanna come sit with us?" Josh asked, softly.
"And watch this rubbish, no thanks." I laughed, attempting to make light of the mood which Fairybread did laugh at.
"We can change it if you want!" Josh laughed, standing up and handing me the TV remote. I smirked and took hold of it, slouching besides Fairybread. I began to flick through some movies until one movie caught my eye. A classic and an absolute favourite of mine. Grease. I smiled and clicked play, the two boys staring at me.
"What kind of gang member picks Grease over The Godfather?!" Fairybread laughed, Josh nodding in agreement.
"A good one!" Grant called, jumping besides me, his leg bouncing bouncing in excitement. I laughed as Josh and Fairybread rolled their eyes, glancing to one another. As soon as the songs began to play, however, the two began to sing along!
"Enjoying Grease, boys?" I laughed, the two's cheeks brightening which Grant and I laughed at.
"Did someone say Grease?!" Eddie exclaimed, running in and sitting on the floor in front of me.
"Oh come on Ed! You're supposed to be a cholo!" Josh laughed.
"Hey!" Eddie cried, "you can be a cholo and enjoy a musical!"
"Wow." Fairybread laughed, "musicals are too soft!"
"Erm excuse me Mr Gang Member, what about West Side Story?! It's about two rival gang members!"
"You and Gaege?" Grant giggled before singing to the movie once more.
"Someone say my- oh Grease! Wicked!" Gaege yelped, jumping besides me.
"You're taking up all the room!" Fairybread exclaimed.
"I don't think it's him who is." Grant muttered, Fairybread glaring at him. By the end, we had all of us but Tans who said "that movie is stupid" watching Grease, all of us singing along and laughing.

Suddenly, we were broken by our laughter by the sound of a smash. I jumped out of my seat, glancing at the hallway, where it echoed from.
"The kitchen." Gaege muttered, grabbing onto my hand. Butterflies swarmed my stomach as he did so, which I tried to ignore due to the incident at hand.
"I'll go look." Josh muttered, Fairybread grabbing his shoulder.
"I'm coming with you."
I stood to my feet, wanting to see what had happened, but Gaege pulled me back, looking to Grant and Eddie. Worry was painted on each of their faces which I understood.
"Maiya!" Josh called. I glanced at the others before rising to my feet and making my way to the kitchen. The others followed behind, Gaege's hand never once letting go of my own. I wandered into the kitchen in which Josh and Fairybread stood in, glass shards surrounding their feet. In Josh's hand was a rock which I assumed was the object which was thrown through the window.
"There's a note." Josh told me, handing me the stone. Releasing Gaege's hand, I took it, the weight pulling my arms down. I took it to the counter, taking off the note to read it. I felt tears prick my eyes once more as I looked upon the paper. On it was one word. One single yet hurtful word.
Traitor