Chapter 6

The voices slowly became more and more understandable as he pushed his way through the sleep void. The presence of his little brother made him push harder, his eye ridges furrowed in determination. He slowly opened his eyes as he heard Splinter say something. He looked to his side and smiled slightly. "M-Mikey." His voice was scratchy and barely above a whisper.

Michelangelo immediately sat up, his eyes wild as a huge smile grew across his face. "Leo!" He shouted and wrapped his arms tightly around his brother, making Leo chuckle slightly. Mikey begun to tremble, and Leonardo was quick to comfort him. "I-I thought, you-ou would ne-never wake up!" Mikey cried as he snuggled his beak into Leo's shoulder.

"I'm o-ok." Leo rasped back. Mikey was pried back by Donatello, who, as soon as he had the chance, began checking Leo's vitals.

"You gave us quite a scare." He stated, placing a hand on Leo's shoulder. Leonardo smiled groggily up at him.

Leo's blue gaze moved to Splinter, who walked up and grabbed Leonardo's hand in his strong one. He gave a gently smile, stroking Leo's forehead with his other fuzzy paw. "I am glad you have woken up, Leonardo." He said.

Leo blinked a couple of times tiredly before his eyes grew wide and frantic. He quickly searched around the room, and when he didn't see what he was looking for, he hurried to sit up. Three pairs of strong arms immediately moved to stop him, Splinter winning at laying his son back down.

"Leo, you need to calm down and re-"

"Where's Raph?" Leo cut Donnie off as he moved his wild gaze onto Donatello, hoping for some type of answer.

"On the couch, he's fine." Donnie promised.

Leo swerved his frantic gaze to Splinter who nodded in confirmation. Leo sighed, but then eyed Donnie again, "You sure?" He questioned.

Donnie sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, "Leo, you should get some rest. You're still healing and your side-"

"Donnie," Leo warned, "What's wrong with Raph?" It wasn't a question, more of a command.

Donatello rolled his head back. "He has a high fever and a large gash on his leg. He'll be confined to the lair for a while, but he'll be fine."

Leo let out a held in breath and nodded, "What's my case then, Doc?" Donatello straightened and took a once over on Leonardo.

"You have three deep cuts in your left side and I had to pop in a dislocated shoulder, so that should be sore for a little while." He sighed and continued his mental list. "I had to give you a blood transfusion, but we managed to avoid infection, that is for now, anyways." He glanced over at Mikey who was wiping furiously at his tears.

Leo nodded, "Not that bad," He groaned and leaned further into his pillow.

"We almost lost you twice, Leo." Donnie mumbled.

Leo closed his eyes and scrunched up his beak. "K, now it's a bit worse." He took in a deep breath, "But I'll be ok," He gave Splinter's paw a quick squeeze, "I promise."

~000~

Raphael's eyes snapped open. His ears still ringing with Leonardo's painful scream. He quickly sat up and immediately regretted it when pain laced up his body. The gasp that came out was slurred as the room began to spin.

Raph grabbed his head and tucked it close to his stomach that swam with nausea. He let out a small groan.

Voices flooded at him from the lab and he looked over the couch at the lab doors. The familiar sounds of his brothers and father were faint and distant to the sick turtle. Raph blinked a couple of times before looking down at the blanket wrapped around him. He growled and threw it off. He moved slightly before noticing the IV pole that stood next to him and the wire that trailed to his arm. He pressed his lips together and narrowed his eye ridges before yanking it out of his arm. He scooted himself off of the couch and stood up, ignoring the way the room continued to spin. His breathing was raspy and slow, but he took a step anyways.