Chapter 11

*Dougie's pov*

Everything for the wedding was sorted, finally! There was only four weeks left till the day and this week was my batchelor week - i was extatic!

"Okay so you got everything you need? Sun cream? Sunglasses? Aloveara cream in case you burn? Oh make sure you buy a bottle of water as soon as you land - you know how hot it can get. Are you sure you have enough underwear to last you the week, i know its your bachelor week but its still disgusting to keep wearing the same ones" Merrie started rambling as she went through my case, checking what i had and didn't.

"Merrie" I said grabbing her by the shoulders so she would look at me, "I've got everything I could possibly need, stop faffing about"

She smiled and brought me into a hug, I squeezed her gently as she sighed,

"Sorry, sorry. I know I'm being a loony" I chuckled and kissed the top of her head,

"That you are" Merrie slapped my back and I heard a small muffled giggle escape her lips. "but I love you for it"

"I love you too. God I'm going to miss you" She looked up from my chest, her hazel eyes with small diamonds glistening throughout her irises met mine. I lent down and kissed her nose,

"I'll miss you too. But hey, just think, in a months time we're getting married.. then you're mine forever"

"I like the sound of that" Her lips slowly embraced mine before her head rests against my chest.

The rest of the day we spent cuddling up and watching terrible day time TV with tea and biscuits. Every so often Merrie's head would slip from my shoulder as she kept dosing off, the temperature of the room perfect for a snooze. A short while after I heard gentle snores coming from Merries mouth, it was so adorable. I gently lifted her head from my shoulder, slipping off the sofa and laying her fully down on it. I made sure she was in a position that when she woke up she wouldn't have cramp, her head on a pillow and arms by her sides.

While she was sleeping I headed upstairs to work on the song, the song I was still writing to sing at our wedding. I hadn't gotten very far on it as there were more iportant things to do for the wedding, so far i had one line and still no beat.. well done Doug.

I played through a few of the chords we used in some of our songs, I picked out a few of my favourites as i went through. I started to let my fingers wonder the strings to see what came out and surprisingly it wasnt too horrible but it sounded quite depressing, so i but the capo up two frets and it created a different yet pleasantly calming sound.

(A/N I know this had come out before this book is set but just give me a break okay, i love this song)

I started to sing the first and only line i had written,

"I wonder what it's like to be loved by you, I wonder what it's like to be home."

Random sentences started forming in my head so i just sang them,

"And I don't walk where there's a stone in my shoe, All I know is that with time I'll be fine.

I wonder what it's like to fly so high or to breathe under the sea. I wonder if some day i'll be good with goodbyes, but i'll be okay if you come along with me"

"It'll be a long way.. wait.. It's such a long way.. ugh no" I sighed an put the guitar down. My fingers tangled in my hair and pulled it against the roots - i had to get this done, I couldn't do this over the next week cause i'd get too distracted but that would leave less then three weeks till the wedding..

"Why'd you stop" I small voice said from the doorway. I quickly looked up and blushed as i saw Merrie. She was leaning against the door frame, half her body in and half out, her hair slightly messy from how she had been lying down.

"You weren't supposed to hear that.." I grumbled, picking up the sheet of paper i was writing things down on and scrumpling it up before throwing it towards the bin where there were many other pieces of paper all in balls with lines and scribbles over the words. Merrie watched as the paper missed the bin and fell beside it, she walked over and picked it up. Slowly she unraveled it, trying her best not to rip the paper.

I stood up from the bed, putting my guitar back into its holder in the closet. Merrie had taken a seat on the bed when i walked back into the room, her eyes scanning over the scribbled mess of words and so-called lyrics.

"Don't bother, it's terrible.." I say as I collapse on the bed beside her, bouncing up and down slightly.

"I like it" She uttered, looking down next to her. Her eyes meet mine, though they hold sincerity i know shes lying - it really was awful.

"Oh don't pity me."

"Doug, I'm serious, it's really sweet" Her hand moves and sits on my knee, her thumb rubbing circles onto the skin.

"Would you really want me to sing that at the wedding though, it's embarrassing enough that you've heard it let alone all of our guests!" I groan again, pushing my palms against my eyes and rubbing them.

"You want to sing at our wedding" Merrie smiles,

I nod slowly still with my eyes closed, "Well I wanted to, I don't have anything to sing though."

Merrie gradually lay down, her hand still holding the stupid piece of paper. She uses her other hand to move away one of mine from my face. I open my eye to see her puppy dog eyes looking at me,

"I think with a few more lines this would be really good" It came out as a whisper but was loud enough as we were so close.

"Really? Don't you find it kinda cheesy?"

"Some times cheesy is good." she states, "what were you thinking of calling it?"

"I dunno, I haven't got a possible chorus for it so who knows.. I still don't like it" I mumble, stretching my arms out above me.

"Well I do, so you're going to keep working on it because I want to hear it after we get married"

I roll my eyes and look at her "And who says i should listen to you, missy" I say bopping her nose, she giggled and stuck out her tongue.

"I'm the bride, you have to do as i say"

"You can only use that excuse for a month you realize?" I say tickling her slightly,

"I know, and I can't wait"

---------------------------

Well hey there strangers, i'm back after like 2 months or more

Yeah so i've been busy with my mock exam and my real exams are all in the next two months so don't expect another update for a while.. sorry :(

I've seriously been trying to write but I can't think and then i get distracted or start doing revision

Anyway hope you like the chapter, slightly shorter then the last but hey - at least ya got one eh? If ya like it, you could always leave a vote.. or a comment.. it's nice to see that people do enjoy my writing..

See you guys soon, for Dougie's Bachelor Week - WHOOP

~ Alika x