Chapter 13: An Unfortunate Accident

"So, what happened?"

"...suddenly....called...."

..? Are those people talking? I can barely see them...

"Hm. Did you notice anything wrong with him earlier, maybe yesterday?"

"I didn't... He seemed fine."

They're probably talking about me, huh. Ow... Why does my head hurt so much?

"So, you're his..?"

"Co-worker. We just closed."

"Looking at this paper, (L/N)-san is underage. Any parents we can call?"

"Um...No, actually. He never told me."

"Interesting. Well, I'll go check on him. You can leave if you want."

"Can I..wait here?"

...

...

Ow... My head...

"Hurts?"

I wince, feeling the back of my head ache.

"That's good. At least it's not numb." I make a face at him, which makes the doctor chuckle. "Can you sit up for me?"

I slowly sit up, looking at the room I'm in. A chair, a small table and many monitors and tv screens. Am I at a...hospital?

"Tsukishima-san called the ambulance. Saw you suddenly collapse. You're very lucky that someone else was there." I look out the window. It's darker than it was before, but it's still the day. How..?

"Luckily, you were only out for about an hour. Some of our patients are out for days. Here, take this." He hands me a piece of paper. "For your head. Go down to the pharmacy and give them this." 

Painkillers? Well, okay.

"(L/N)-san, can you look at me for a second." I nod, looking up. "How many fingers am I holding up?"

4...3...7...0.

"Good, good." He scribbles on his clipboard. "Follow my finger."

...

He nods, scribbling more onto his clipboard. "Well, good news. Your vision doesn't seem to be affected. Apart from the head ache, everything seems to be fine. You're lucky, y'know?"

(Y/N): "Lucky?"

"Some people get concussions, or even worse. Your case just seems to be a case of fatigue. No health conditions?"

(Y/N): "No. Though, I don't sleep very often."

"That's probably the case then. Hm, it's getting kind of dark. Mind if I turn on the lights?"

I shake my head.

*Click!*

...?!?

Suddenly, my eyes begin to hurt. I audibly groan, making the doctor look at me. He quickly walks back to the switch, turning the lights back off.

*Click!*

(Y/N): "Ugh, what was that..?"

"Hm... Alright. I was thinking that something was wrong. You okay?"

(Y/N): "Ugh. Yeah, I'm fine. Just...leave the lights off?"

He chuckles, grabbing a drink from a nearby mug. 

"Well, now I'm afraid that you won't be able to leave right now. If you really want to leave, I'll need to contact a parent."

(Y/N): "....Well, about that.."