Chapter 5: Blooming Roses and Curry Rice

here we go, (Y/N) and friends finally meet roselia

also, im gonna start putting locations so different scenes can have that break between them

(Chapter 5: Meeting Roselia)

--

...

"(Y/N), you can't just do nothing all day. You're not going to school and you're sleeping most of the day."

"We need to find you a hobby!"

A hobby? Aren't those boring?

"No, well some of them are, but others are exciting!"

"We just need to find the perfect one for you."

Hobby? Well... I guess there's something I wanted to try...

"Oh really?"

"What is it dear?"

...I wanna try out music.

...

Location: (Y/N)'s House

(Y/N): "Agh, shit!"

Ouch. I must've cut my finger while dozing off. I leave the kitchen to find a band aid.

(S/N): "For today's lunch, curry rice with a touch of blood."

(Y/N): "Shush."

One more bandage. I really need to buy more if I'm going to continue to cut myself like this. I look at my fingers and grimace, a couple of cuts and plenty of marks from cooking and practicing are all over my fingers. Ugh, gross.

I grab the last bandage and sloppily wrap it around the cut. It's my pointer finger so I hope the cut will heal by the time we have to practice. Thankfully, I'm just about done cutting the vegetables, so I can get to cooking. 

First: Rinse the water. Done.
Second: Put butter in pan, add onion, garlic, and ginger.

Smelling good already.

Third: Add carrots until soft.
Fourth: Add the rice. Put spices in and mix.
Fifth: Add chicken broth, vegetables and stir.

(S/N): "Ooh! Something's cooking!"

(Y/N): "Be patient. It'll be ready in about 30 minutes."

(S/N): "Okaaaaay."

Sixth: Wait until simmering, stir once, put lid on and set to low. Don't touch for 14 minutes.

Well, okay. In the meantime, I guess I should get changed. I walk into my room and change into whatever's in the closet. Good thing O picks my out clothes for me. I turn around, and see my three instruments in the corner of my room. A generic guitar and bass guitar, along with a pretty normal standing keyboard. Nothing special here. The problem is bringing over both my guitar and bass guitar. Lately, the songs we've been practicing requires either an extra bass or an extra guitar, so I have to bring both instruments. One is fine to carry, just put it on my back. But two? That's why I usually take the bus instead of walking. Now that I think of it, I should probably buy the monthly pass.

*Bing!*

Oh, the alarm. I go back to the kitchen, lifting the lid.

Seventh: Check if liquid has been absorbed. If yes, put lid back on, take off the heat and let rest for 10 minutes.

(Y/N): "Lunch'll be ready in 10 minutes. Set the table."

(S/N): "Are you eating here?"

(Y/N): "No. I have to go out. I'll be back around 3:00 or 4:00"