God's Wrath

A/N: The reason Light was okay with May's presence was because he needed to get Misa off his back. This was an EXTREMELY serious situation, and he couldn't afford her getting in the way.

========================================================

May

The photo shoot May had previously been at was for a movie starring Amane Misa that was in the works. The movie would be shot in Hollywood, so Misa would have to go to America. May was going to be working with Misa during the filming process as well. Misa was fine with that, though, since she and May had been friends for quite a while at that point.

"I'm going to Hollywood already?" May said, eyes wide in surprise. "I understand why you're going, but why me? I don't have to go for a while."

"It will be fun, May-chan!" Misa assured her. Misa had invited May to come with her to Hollywood the next day, and the two were currently talking about it over the phone. "My boyfriend's going to be really busy with his work, so I'll need to spend time with someone."

"What work does your boyfriend have to do in LA?" May wondered.

"Oh, um... it doesn't matter," Misa said, not wanting to reveal that her boyfriend was the famous detective L, "but that's not the point; the point is that I want you to come with me! He said that you could come with us; you'd just have to stay in a different room."

"Well, I'd love to go Misa-chan, but I have so much work with planning the wedding and such," May explained.

"I can help you!" Misa insisted. "We can do some planning in LA! I'm plenty capable of it! Amane Misa, wedding planner extraordinaire!"

"Well, Eli is pretty busy," May noted, "I guess it wouldn't hurt if I went with—"

"—Yay!" Misa cheered.

"Will I get to meet your boyfriend?" May asked with a grin. She'd never met Misa's boyfriend in person. In fact, she wasn't even sure if Misa had ever mentioned his name.

"Um... no," Misa said. "Probably not. You'll have to go on a different plane. Plus, he's going to be really busy."

"A different plane?" May asked. "Why?"

"Um... the plane we're going on is full," Misa explained. "Don't worry, there are other planes. I'll give you your ticket and information. We'll meet when we get to LA at the hotel, okay?"

"Fine," May said with a sigh. "Amane Misa-chan, you certainly know how to put up an argument."

"Yup," Misa laughed, "I'm one stubborn girl!"

·÷±‡±±‡±÷· ·÷±‡±±‡±÷· ·÷±‡±±‡±÷· ·÷±‡±±‡±÷· ·÷±‡±±‡±÷·

Six days had passed, and May was currently in her hotel room, which was down the hall from Misa's. It had turned out that Misa's boyfriend would be staying at a different hotel, yet he still insisted May should have her own room.

"He seems like a nice man," May said to herself.

She sighed, she'd talked to her old roommates from Wammy's a couple of days ago, telling them about the strange hijacking that happened while she was on her plane to LA. Birdie, on the other hand, hadn't been picking up her cell phone. Birdie had been acting strange lately, or at least it seemed that way to May. It worried her.

Bored to death, she put on some nice clothes and grabbed her purse and cell phone. She always put her cell phone in her pocket.

She walked down the hallway to Misa's room. She'd suggest the two of them go out and have some fun. She had her cell phone in her hand, planning to call Misa right outside her door since Misa always did that to her. It was extremely annoying. May loved her anyway.