Chapter 19 Part 2

After grabbing the second to last tile, Boo and Sheela ditched their Artemis Fowl costumes, much to Sheela's protests. They had decided to go casual this time, just looking like normal teens. They were about to stroll into the alley way when Boo suddenly stopped.

"What's up Boo?" Sheela asked, raising an eyebrow.

"This is the fangirl alley. Are we sure we want to do this?" Boo asked tentatively.

Sheela bit her lip, she did hear some stories about fangirls, but not all were the same, "I'm sure we'll be okay. How bad can they be?"

Boo sighed, "I hope you're right. If I come out scarred from this, you're paying for my therapy."

Sheela patted his shoulder, a fake look of sympathy on her face, "I was already planning it."

"Whatever. Let's just go."

They heard 2 distinct female voices, chattering about something.

"Nila, what do you mean by- Oh never mind. There's no way he's going to confess to her. He's too chicken."

"I guess you're right, Ganga. Aiden Acharya is definitely a chicken. He's not going to confess and neither is Rudy. But what about Hira and Brynne? I think that will work, what do you think?" Nila asked, looking for her friend's thoughts.

Boo paled, "What the-Aiden Acharya? Rudy? Sheela are you hearing this?"

Sheela nodded, eyes wide, "Apparently, Rudy's a chicken now."

They listened on as the first girl answered again, "Brynne...she's...hmmm...maybe. I have no clue how that awkwardness is gonna go, honestly. I mean-Hey. Wait a second. There's someone here," Ganga said, looking at Nila.

Boo and Sheela backed themselves up, bumping into a wall behind them. As the footsteps came closer, they revealed a teenage girl. Her hands rested on her hips. An eyebrow was raised, and her eyes were framed with round glasses. Her straight, black hair was tied up in a ponytail. Wearing gray sweatpants and a black T-shirt, she smiled. Her complexion made it obvious that she was an Indian. She looked openly sweet, but Boo could see in her eyes that she wasn't always as nice as she seemed - as if she was inwardly planning a murder. Sheela could tell that no matter what her first impressions may be, it'll take a long time for her to trust you, but when she did, you were in for a world of unique and amazing friendship, a protective older sibling at times too. Her eyes were very guarded, but that was easy to read.

The second girl had followed, having more trapezoid shaped glasses, and slightly wavy and straight hair till her middle back in a low ponytail. She too was an Indian. She was a little shorter, and wore a charcoal gray hoodie with maroon baggy capris. The girl had an expression on her face that suggested that she could possibly smite you in your sleep. She could totally flip out if you make her mad. But, for Boo, something about her expression kept him calm. She looked like a person that was easy-going and trustworthy - even if she could be very dangerous when mad.

The girls had an intense stare-down with Boo and Sheela before Sheela had to back down under their glares.

It wasn't very scary of course to begin with.

The older girl looked at the other, "What do you think these kids are doing here, Nila?"

Nila, from what Boo and Sheela could gather, studied them, "They seem a bit older than me. Maybe your age?"

The first girl smirked, "14? You think so?" She looked back at Boo and Sheela, on guard and watching their every movement.

Nila nodded. She was a pretty good reader of people, "Don't doubt me, Ganga. Yes, definitely. They're 14. Except the boy looks like a 200 year old in a 14 year old body. I'd say, he's mentally very old, even if his appearance says otherwise. Also, the girl is harmless, and the boy is like her older brother. Kinda like us. They aren't related though, I think. I can tell they are from here but they are looking for something. They are okay. Hi! I'm Nila." She said, a little shy.