Chapter 1

2 years had passed since Aru and the others had destroyed the cursed console of Jumanji. Everything was boring after that, but no one minded - as long as they didn't get sucked into another video game.

Even after all of that, Aru had to admit, she was more than mildly surprised to see a girl in a hospital gown and a scary looking girl pop through her doorway like they owned the place. The younger girl, the one in the hospital gown, looked like she was being starved, and the older one was as scary as Brynne. No description necessary.

Aru glanced at Aiden, and she knew they were thinking the same thing. She cleared her throat and raised an eyebrow at the girls, "Explain?"

Mini walked up to the starved girl and led her to the couch to rest. The other girl, on the other hand, stayed hesitant. She put her hand on hip and raised an eyebrow back at Aru, "I'm Hira. That's Keira. This is the only safe place we know, so we came here. Any problem?"

Aru heard Boo hold back some laughter. She brushed off the slight lump in her throat, "I don't like being provoked." She looked back to the hospital-gown girl, Keira, and sighed, "But, if this is the only safe place you have, I guess it can't hurt. We do have to call your parents and stuff, but we can do that in the morning."

Hira scoffed, "I'm as old as you. I don't need parental supervision."

Aru lowered her raised eyebrow and sighed, "Look. I get that we're the same age, but as much as I hate it, my mom's not home. And I have to be responsible for once."

Rudy, who was eating Doritos, decided to speak up, "That's a first."

Aru scowled, "Anyway, you can stay here for a bit, but I can't host nine people in a small household."

Mini smiled, "Look at you Aru, being smart."

Nikita screamed, "WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?!"

Rudy grinned, "IT'S ARMAGEDDON AND THE APOCALYPSE. THEY'VE COME!"

They ran around, flailing their arms and collecting canned food from the pantry. Aru sighed and gave Hira a thin lipped smile before grabbing her friends' sleeves and dragging them back to their spots. Nikita rubbed her sleeves mumbling something about expensive cashmere.

Rudy just gaped, "Pretty strong grip."

"Be quiet. Look, I might have some extra sleeping bags. You can use one, and I'll use one. Keira can use my bed," Aru said, gesturing to Keira.

Hira nodded in thanks before walking over to her friend, who was now shivering. Her teeth were chattering and she was hugging herself. Aru rushed over to her, trying to figure out the problem while Mini was failing to calm the girl down. Aru swatted Mini away, now surrounded by the rest of her gang.

She carefully put her hand on Keira's forearm, whispering, "Hey. I'm Aru. It's going to be okay. All right?"

She looked at Mini, "Get her a blanket and pillows." Aru glanced at the others, "Hira, can you give the other some directions on what to do? I have a feeling you've dealt with this before."

They both nodded, getting supplies and things they needed to help Keira. Aiden stayed with Aru. He hesitantly put a hand on her shoulder. Aru tensed, but didn't have the courage to push him off. Keira had finally calmed down, with Aru whispering positive things to her.

The others sat still, too scared to breathe as Aru gave her some medicines and set the girl to sleep. Aru shuddered and got up, "I-I," her voice cracked, "I'm going to be in my room. I'll be back in a bit."

Aiden looked at her with concern, before he followed Aru to her room and closed the door. He found her already sitting on her bed, toying with a simple necklace her mom had given her. He sat next to her, and Aru tensed again.

She looked at him, "What do you want?"

Aiden sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "Look, I know this must be hard for you-"

Aru glared at him, "What do you know? After all, you managed to get your parents back together. You have a happy family."

Aiden looked hurt, "I didn't-"

Aru cut him off again, "You don't know how it feels Aiden." She shivered, "You don't know what it's like to see someone at death's door, in real life. Not in some dumb game. I've had to witness it. Twice. Twice."

Aiden gulped, but Aru continued, her voice raising by the moment, "My mother, Aiden. My mom died. She died because of cancer, Aiden. The doctors said she would survive, but did she? No! And my dad! He didn't even come to her funeral!"

Aiden held up his hands in defiance, "What does that have to do with me?!"

She glared at him, harsher this time, "When I needed you most, you weren't there. You said that I had to let nature take its course. Well where did that get me?! Huh? NATURE TOOK ITS FLIPPIN COURSE AND KILLED MY MOM! I can't live with that. When I saw Keira, just moments ago, I saw a look in her eyes - the same look my mom had. Keira looked like she was going to give up, Aiden. I may not know her or anything, but I don't want her to give up. Because her family shouldn't have to suffer like I do. I don't know how long she was like this, but... I could tell that she didn't deserve it. " Aru was crying now.

Aiden looked at her, truly unsure about what he should do. He didn't know what to say. In the gentlest voice he could muster he quietly muttered, "We can't do anything about that Aru. It's not like I have the power to heal or anything. I can't bring people back to life."

Aru looked like she wanted to scream. She inhaled deeply, and in a calm, scary voice, she said, "Maybe you don't. Maybe I don't. But I used to." She looked straight into Aiden's eyes, "And I'm getting them back."

Aru shoved past Aiden, and out of her bedroom. Aiden ran after her, but was too late. Aru was already out the door, and she was running. Everyone knew that something was wrong, even Hira. They all shot a look at the door and to each other before getting Keira and rushing out the door, behind Aru.