Messages

I stretched my wings as the sun finished setting and rolled my shoulders to stretch out my sore muscles. I wish there was a way to break my curse because the constant changing was beginning to take a physical and mental toll on me. There have a few times that I considered just not returning to my spot in the cemetery, but Sybil refuses to allow that to happen. 

After I finished stretching I took off and flew all the way to Alexis house. For some reason I found that I enjoyed just seeing her, even though it's from a distance, it gave my soul some peace. Lately I have noticed that she looks more exhausted than usual and even scared some nights, I'm pretty sure I even saw some bruises on her face a couple days ago. 

"Stalking the poor girl again I see."

I look down to see Sybil standing at the base of the tree I had made my home for the past week. I was stalking her, I just wanted to make sure she was alright, that her pure soul wasn't being tainted. She was beautiful in every sense of the word and I couldn't go a single night without seeing her. Instead of replying I looked back at the house, waiting for Alexis to turn her bedroom light on so I could see her. 

"You know, if she were to ever spot you, she may have a heart attack. There is a better way to make yourself known to her."

"Absolutely not. If I were to show myself to her, she would run as far away as possible and I would never get to see her again."

The thought of her disappearing hurt me in a way I haven't felt for hundreds of years. There was this strange connection between Alexis and I but I just couldn't figure out why. 

"Why hasn't she gone to bed yet? It's getting late and she still hasn't made an appearance."

Sybil sighed and shook her head.

"That's not good. Her aunt has started beating her every chance she gets, so this is just going to cause her to receive another one. Poor girl is being kept prisoner in there."

I instantly felt my anger flare at Sybil's statement. How could someone hit such an innocent human being? She was so pure and sweet and seemed like the closest thing to perfection that you could find on this earth. 

"I'm gonna go look for her then. It's not safe for her to be out this late, alone at that."

Sybil nodded in agreement before saying, "I think that would be a good idea. People are disgusting monsters that think they are entitled to anything and will take it by any means necessary."

I instantly understood the double meaning her words and flew off without saying goodbye. I was beginning to feel sick to my stomach at the mere thought of someone taking advantage of Alexis. Humans call me a monster, but they are the ones who kill, steal, rape and go to war with one another. 

I silently flew over the city franticly searching for Alexis, hoping she was alright. I noticed that I was near the cemetery when I saw a small figure walking back the way I had come from. Upon closer inspection I realized that it was Alexis and I instantly sighed a breath of relief, she was alright. I landed on a rooftop and just kept a close eye on her to make sure no one came after her, but I guess the world was bound and determined to make sure she met me. 

Two figures dressed in all black started following her and I could tell it put her on edge because she picked up her pace. I wasn't one for violence but if they did try anything I wasn't against making them disappear. I hopped onto the next rooftop so I could stay close to Alexis and glanced back to see the figures had picked up their pace as well. 

Their heads were covered but when they passed underneath a lamp I noticed that each figure had an old wooden cross around their necks. I instantly knew what they wanted and I refused to allow them to take Alexis from me the same way they took Alvina. I knew they couldn't harm her in the same sense because that disgusting book had been destroyed along with the church, but the humans seemed to have invented new ways of destroying others lives. 

I shook away my thoughts and leaped to the next rooftop, not wanting the figures to see me. I noticed that they were quickly catching up to Alexis, but she broke out into a run.

"Stop!" They yelled as they chased after her.

I quickly jumped off the rooftop and landed right in front of them, my wings stretched out to their full length not allowing them to even look at her. I heard a quiet gasp from behind me but kept my eyes on the priests in front of me. 

"What do you want with her?" My voice had come out in a low growl causing the two to shake a little.

"Why are you following her? I know who sent you and I know that she has nothing to do with this."

They continued to shake and started mumbling prayers asking for saving, but even God wasn't going to save them at this point. When they refused to answer my questions I grabbed them by their necks and flew off to dispose of them and send a message to their master. 

I knew that after tonight I would have to choose to keep my distance from Alexis or appear in front of her and give her an explanation. I knew that even though it was safer to keep my distance I didn't think I would be able to do that. For some reason this cursed monster wanted to spend every chance he had with her, and that is exactly what he was going to do.