Season 2 Prologue

The ship landed with a thud onto the ground, and I held onto the metal vent with my claws. We must have landed on Polus because the ship did not move for a while after that. I heard feet moving around above me and I followed the noise through the vents making sure to not make any noise whilst doing so. I ended up by a vent that led to the outside and had a view of the dropship. I watched as the crewmates walked down the dropship ramp and onto the snowy planet. I know this planet well, as I did live here for most of my life. They split up in two groups and when both were not facing the ship I slowly pushed the vent open with my snout. The vent’s latches came free and fell to the ground. The vent landed with a loud crash and I reared back thinking that someone would come to check it out. Although only one crewmate turned around to see what happened but turned back around like it was nothing. I stepped forward and hung my front legs out the front of the vent and balanced myself with the back legs. I pushed off with the back legs and landed on the snow-covered ground, it was soft like a blanket but cold on my paws. The vent cover was already about a foot into the snow and was barely visible from my height. I shook myself off and tried to stretch out from being crammed in that vent for months. The vents were very small and cramped and even though I could morph my body it didn’t help in the long run.
        I made my way around the planet making sure to keep myself hidden. I was trying to find some entrance to the underground tunnels that ran around Polus. I finally came to a stop behind one of the human-made buildings and found a hole that had been dug out of the ground. I pushed through the hole and entered the tunnels. I ran through the tunnels using the scents I would find to not get lost. I made a turn and came to a quick stop, I looked up and through another entrance. The place was now a bright red with the color pulsing. The flashing hurt my eyes and I ducked down back to the safety of the tunnels. Another impostor ran by me and only turned around for a second to give a small nod. I nodded back and continued on my way through the tunnels. Eventually, I came to the end of the labyrinth and lifted myself out. 
      I was surrounded by a few trees that were close enough to traverse. I climbed up the side of one of the trees and hopped onto one of the branches. From this height, I could kind of make out the camp that we had out in the woods. The branches were wet and slippery and I found myself wanting to slip off. I jumped from one branch to the other making sure to dig my claws into each one so I don't fall. Finally, I got to the camp and I leaped down from the tree. I could feel everyone’s eyes on me while I walked through camp. I’m sure that no one expected me or Red to actually make it home. I walked until in front of me was a den that I quickly entered without a thought. 
    “Who gave you permission to be in here?” A voice boomed
    “Myself, come on old pal dont ya recognize me?” I said, the impostor got up and stood in front of me. He bent dont to my height and his teal eyes met my brown ones.
     “Kade? holy- is that really you?” He bounced up with excitement and I sat down wrapping my tail around my legs.
    “Yeah, it’s me,” I said
    “I can’t believe you guys made it back!” He said and he left the den, I followed him outside of the den and looked up at the starry sky.
    “MMhmm,” I said looking down at the snow with a stern face
    “Wait…. Where is Jax?” He finally asked, I growled as I remembered the events from the Skeld.
    “Jax went on his own path,” I said 
    “What? You mean he’s dead?” He said confused, I looked over at the wolf who I knew was named Irvin, he was the proclaimed leader of us but all he did was make sure we didn’t all kill each other
    “No moron, he uh… joined the humans,” I said hesitantly, I had a hard time saying these things because Jax, Irvin, Alias, and I have all been friends since we were pups. Alias was Irvin’s brother and was the closest to Jax, I don't know how he will take this. Irvin’s teal eyes seemed to go dark and he turned to me.
    “W-what!?” He laughed “Tell me your joking” He came face to face to me and had a shocked but stern look on his face. I shook my head and Irvin growled loudly. He dug his claws into the ground and again looked at me.
    “He always was the one who was interested in humans,” He said “What made him turn?” Irvin tried to keep his cool but I could tell that he was also pissed. Ja was always the nice one in our group even though he was the strongest. Irvin was also strong but Jax would overpower him in all of our fights. We were all friends since birth and always would hunt and hang out together, but Jax was always favored by the past leader. As so he got sent on the mission and asked if one of us could go. When Jax chose me I was excited to finally go on one of these missions especially with him. I liked Jax. He was a great friend along with the other two, but he was always too nice. As a female on the planet, I was always desired by males because females are actually pretty rare on Polus. If a female is “born” she is expected to be something of a breeder for the impostors. Thankfully I never suffered that fate because of the friends I ended up making. Jax and Irvin would keep me separate from everyone else and eventually, the leader said I didn’t have to follow the same path as everyone else. Alias was mainly Jax’s friend, he was the weaker one but really agile. I knew Alias for a bit up until the mission started. 
    “I figured out what we are going to do,” I heard Irvin say next to me
    “Oh yeah, what is it?” I asked
    “We go with Jax on his next mission and get him to come back any way necessary,” Irvin started “I would hate to hurt him, but if it comes down to it we will,”
    “I like it!” I said with a twisted smile on my face, Jax would hate us if we did go through it, but after betraying his planet I don't think I cared anymore. 
    “Wait, like you and me?” I asked
    “Yep,”
    “But who is gonna lead while you’re gone?”
    “I’ll think of something, but before that can I see the crewmates he made friends with?” Irvin asked
    “Oh yeah, follow me,” I sat up and bounded back to the entrance of the main camp. Irvin followed quickly behind me and we both started to walk towards the human buildings. When we finally arrived I looked over at Irvin whilst continuing to walk.
“Well here we are, everyone is probably inside doing tasks or something,” Jax
“Yeah, probably we can just go in th-” Irvin began to say but he stopped mid-talk. He was frozen staring at something and I turned my attention back in front of me. I also stood in horror at the sight that was laid out in front of me. There in front of us was Alias. He was laying limply on the ground with his neck slashed open. Red blood caked the snow that used to be white, but it wasn’t just his blood. I took a hesitant step towards him and worked up the courage to fully approach. The wound was too deep and uneven to be from a human, as they probably would have shot him. This was done by another animal, but it was most likely another impostor that did this. I noticed that there was a trail of blood leading away from his body. 
    “Irvin, take his body back to camp,” I started “I’m going to check this out.” He nodded in agreement, still staring at Alias’s body. The sight was horrible, but as if I wasn’t already used to it. I followed the trail of blood looking down at the ground. I came to a stop when I ran into a closed-door that also had some red on it. I squinted and looked around, I found a hole in the ground and leaped into it. I sniffed the ground and made my way under the man-made structure. A beam of light was shining through the hole and peered through it. I didn’t see anyone so I hopped out. Silent and cautious, I moved around a small rocket that was parked in the room and peered around the corner. I saw crewmates and Red, he was unconscious but severely wounded. Then and there I put the pieces together and knew that Red had killed Alias. I was about to leave when I heard the crewmates start to talk louder. I looked over and saw that they were all looking at me.
        "Oh, shit.." I said and I ran back down into the impostor hole. I had figured out what happened anyways so I was free to leave. I bounded off back to camp the snow crouching under my paws as I went. 
        I arrived at camp and Alias's body laid in the center. Irvin was talking to who  I assumed was the Co-leader. I bounded towards Irvin and he turned to face me. 
        "Kade, we are on for the mission," he said
    “Oh! So I’m guessing you already know Jax killed Alias?”
    “It’s pretty obvious, but now you just confirmed it,” Irvin sounded stern and serious, which is very different from his usual cheerful self. I was nervous for him, as Irvin tends to be like Jax, where he is nice and too trusting. Irvin nodded to the co-leader who I don't know that name of and walked off. 
    A few weeks later the crewmates were packing all of their supplies up and leaving through the dropship. Irvin and I decided that we wouldn’t join them on the Skeld but on Mira Hq. Mira HQ is the main base for crewmates, so we knew that at one point they would return there. About an hour after the dropship took off it landed back down onto Polus. Irvin and I both morphed into our human forms and my hazel hair flew in front of my face. I looked over at Irvin and his teal eyes looked back down at me. Irvins hair was very dark green and almost looked black. We both started to head towards where the crewmates keep their extra suits. I picked a suit and morphed it to make it appear like I was wearing it and grabbing the matching helmet. Irvin was having trouble walking around on two feet, so I had to make sure that he didn’t fall face-first into the snow.
    “Don't worry, I’ll try and teach you how to be a human on the way to Mira,” I said and he nodded to me. We made our way onto the dropship and I messed around with the tech enough to make it lift off the ground. I set the navigation course to Mira HQ and we were on our way. I looked down at my hands and put the familiar brown helmet onto my head.

A/N- SHE'S ALIVE, yes just in case you didn’t catch on this is Brown from the first few chapters of the fanfic. She never actually died and made her way into the vents of the Skeld. Season 2 may be coming soon, as I am feeling motivated to write it
Don't forget I actually still have an art contest for the cover photo of the story, so if you can make sure to join :>
Also, you can join the discord that is in my bio

See you in season 2, my children 

-Reaune