Two birds

Slowly I woke up. Y/n was still here but, she was so much closer than I remembered her being. I looked at the clock "eight thirty huh" I could smell the freshness of her new clothes, and the rose scented wash she used still lingered, especially on her hair. I felt my fingers interlocked with her own. She was shorter than me by a lot more than I first thought. Come to think of it, she's about the same height as kuon. I sighed and rested my head on the back of hers for a while, hearing everyone slowly waking up.

Eventually yuri came around the corner seeing us both. Oh god I feel embarrassed, that's so uncool. "Eeee oh my god, I knew it" she giggled. I put a finger to the lips on my mask to signal that we should let her sleep. She covered her mouth and nodded slowly creeping away. I held her with a protective grip. It wasn't strong, I was barely touching her, but I need to protect her no matter what. Maybe we were friends, maybe more than that, hell maybe we were engaged... but that's wishful thinking.

My hat fell off of my head. "Whoops" I reached to stop it from rolling off and succeeded but that came with a drawback. "Huh? Y-Yu?" Y/n had stirred quite a bit in her sleep just then. I gotta be more careful in future. "Yeah?" I waited for a reply only to notice that she'd rolled so that she was facing me and was still asleep. Wait ... does that mean that she was talking about me in her sleep??

I felt a little flustered and I don't know why, I can always keep my cool in any situation so why not now? I sighed putting my hat behind me and letting go of her hand wrapping my arms around her waist to hold her closer to me. It was at this moment I vowed to protect her. She can't die. She never will. Because I won't let her.

—the group move on and start walking towards the railgun building—

Regular PoV

I stretched my arms behind my head reaching one arm at a time up to the sky and taking a deep breath in, then back out. "The air is so fresh up here, don't you think kuon?" She simply nodded. "Mhm" is she ok? What's going on? "Psst hey kuon, are you alright, you've been weirdly quiet today, you look kinda sad, can I help?" I whispered, I more than anyone else knew that sometimes you keep these things between two people.

We entered a building complex looking for masks that could converse and kuon led me to a bathroom, telling the others we were both just going to pee. "What's up? Can I help in any way? I already told you I'd pay any price for you saving me" she sighed. "Any price?" I nodded with a determined look in my eyes, but to tell the truth, if it was this important, to randomly pull me aside, I was terrified. A single bead of sweat rolled down my cheek. "Any price at all, name it and... I'll do it for you" she sighed. "Well, I don't mean to sound rude when I ask this, and I want you to give me the full truth, ok" I was tense, but nodded. "Do you.... have feelings for mr mask at all?" I froze in place.

Why would she ask this? Was there something I wasn't getting? Was romance forbidden in the group or something? "I- uhhh..... I think I do" I mumbled looking at myself in the large mirror that covered the wall next to us. "I remember something, I can't see what we were doing clearly but I know we were holding hands, we were teenagers, and we were on the beach I think? I just.... I know I have a special connection with him, I just don't know how to act on it, or wether the feelings are real, or wether they're reciprocated" I covered my mouth. "Sorry I'm rambling, was there something else you neede-." She looked more devastated now. "So.... you do" I held the tie he'd given me and sighed. "Yeah... I do"

She chuffed. "Well then, this is what I want, I want you to pay back your debt to me here and now" I stepped back a little. "Huh? Right now? It's not combat? Or life? Or... sacrifice?" I was gripping the tie loosely. "You'll still be sacrificing something... you're not the only one who has feelings for... for mr mask, so I ask you this one thing..... sacrifice your life with him and leave him be" she looked hurt that she was even saying it to me. Like she'd pondered it for a while and didn't want to. "Wait kuon you're not saying I shou-"