In with the new

I'd occupied myself over the past hour or so sat next to the huge dust covered window panes, looking all the way down to the street below, my old purpose. It's not what I am now but I hate to think about it. I wiped off some dust with my ragged sleeve and looked at my own reflection in there, mainly the small red branding on my head, a reminder of what I'll always be.... a mask... and in true fashion of this world I was slightly alarmed by something, coming in our direction was a short mash in a pink dress with a shining katana, it seemed in no rush so I could definitely tell them right? Right!

I did my best to find out where they were, first calling out. "KUON! YURI! ESS!" I heard some footsteps above me and did my best to stumble to the stairs. The pain was bad but I'll be damned if I let miss kuon die by a masks hand. "MISS KUON! MISS YURI! MR ESS!?" I swung the door open seeing all three, no four! Of them weapons drawn and on guard.

"What is it?" Yuri asked ushering me into the stairwell. "It's a mask outside, on the bridge that way" I pointed east from where we were. "It looks slow but it's small so I think it could be dangerous, it has a katana" my slightly panicked voice came off pretty badly as I struggled to keep myself up on my two feet, having to use the stair railing to hold myself upright. "Is Ein back already. Alright well, yuri, come with me to go check it out" the blond chimed holding yuri's shoulder as she nodded in response.

Sniper ushered over once the two had left. "Are you alright, your legs-"
"I'm fine" I cut him off with a smile that looked more pained than I'd like it to. "No you're not" kuon replied placing one hand on my shoulder. "I hit you with the railgun yesterday and you tried to shield yourself by cuddling into a ball, no wonder your legs hurt!" She pouted at me a little and I shook my head, "no really- Ah" this time it seemed like sniper had taken it upon himself to hoist me up and carry me to the next floor. "Your not ok, just admit it, if you're indebted to kuon then be honest with her from now on"

As he had picked me up I finally got close enough to smell the fading cologne he wore, the soft smell of vanilla and wild berries, was comforting. "I- fine" I said sort of relaxing in his grip, his face was completely covered save for his jawline and the hat he wore perfectly fit around both his face and the mask, it swept his hair backwards too, almost making it look as though it fell outward instead of down like it should. "Uhhh, can I help you?" I snapped out of it blinking for a moment as a small blush fell on my cheeks. "I uhhh... sorry" I looked away from his face covering my own as he looked back at the stairs climbing them carefully so he wouldn't drop me.

When we finally got to the door, kuon opened it for him and showed what looked like an empty hospital lounge, a few waiting sofas, a cafe area In the corner and the noise of a near boiled kettle on the help desk. "Oh right, the tea. Do you want some- errr..." I looked down. "Sure if you don't mind making me some" she nodded and awkwardly walked over to the kettle as Sniper gently sat me on the plush red sofa, he sat next to me lighting a cigarette. "You smoke?" I asked wearily, it's not the nicest of smells, plus it's a health risk. "Yeah, did you want one?" He held out his little box of thin smokes out to me, one already pulled out for me. "Uhh, no sorry, I'm just saying, it's not the healthiest of habits" he shrugged and puffed a cloud of smoke infront of him.

"Teas ready!" Kuon bounded over with a little wooden tray that held three cardboard coffee cups of smooth tea. A pot of sugar and a small jug of milk. "Oh and mr mask I brought you a straw so you don't have to take your mask off. "Thanks" he said simply, he took another puff putting out the cigarette in an ash tray and putting one sugar and some milk in his cup. I remembered that I have no idea if I actually like tea or not so I just did the same as sniper and held the cup stirring it gently. "Wow you're both so similar, you even like the same tea" she spoke putting three sugars and quite a bit more milk in her cup than we both did. I threw a glance at sniper mask but he just, poked the straw in the tea and started drinking. It was one of those plastic bendable straws in an obnoxious blue colour.