Chapter 26: Maybe He's Just Bad with Silverware

Hello friend. *Little Bill voice* Do you guys remember that show?!?!?! 

So here is another update.

HAPPY EARLY VALENTINES DAY! Maybe you have plans, maybe you don't. If you do, have fun! :) If you don't, have fun! :) I'll be sleeping, eating, watching television, reading and replying to comments, working on schoolwork, and writing.

Chapter 26: Maybe He's Just Bad with Silverware

On Saturday afternoon, I was chewing my nails to the nub. Maddox had picked me up from work like he promised he would and immediately snatched my hand from my mouth. “Calm down, it’s going to be okay.”

“What if my dad chases you out of the house because of something you say?” I inquired. 

“Well, it’s a good thing I can run, right?” he smirked widely. I looked at him and sighed.

“Maddox,” I whined.

“Olive,” he mocked.

“Olivia,” I corrected him. “Just for today.”

He nodded as he tested the name on his tongue. He drove me to my house before heading to his own, telling me that he had to get ready. I told him to be here at five o’clock sharp. My parents should be arriving at three and it’ll take them a bit to get settled in and actually prepare dinner. I entered my house and immediately showered; getting dressed in the clothes I planned on wearing for the dinner. I dressed in a simple red flannel with black jeans and red vans.

When my parents finally arrived, I realized that they’d brought the entire family. My two brothers trailed into the house behind them and my eyes widened. Why would my parents bring them along? I didn’t tell Maddox that they’d be here! I immediately took out my phone to text him but my father snatched it from me and shoved it in his pocket. “You’re on that darned thing too much,” he complained.

I frowned as I looked at him. “Dad, please don’t scare him away.”

“I’m going to tell him that you like him,” Dylan informed me from the couch.

“He already knows!” I snapped. My father’s eyes widened as he looked at me.

“You like him?” my dad asked.

“What? No,” I shook my head. “Who said that?”

You just did,” Dylan answered.

“Well, I do, but he doesn’t like me,” I told my father. “In fact, he respects me too much to even think of me as anything more than a friend.”

“Meaning you’ve gotten friend zoned,” my older brother noted from the couch. I turned around and glared at him.

“Shut up,” I snapped at my brother. I wanted to tell him that Maddox actually does like me; he’s just too much of a wimp to ask me out. But I knew my father would probably kick Maddox in the face the moment he stepped into the house if he knew that, so I refrained from doing so.

My father looked at me suspiciously. “You’re not dating this boy, are you?” he asked.

“No!” I immediately spoke, shaking my head. “No, we’re strictly friends.” Who practically make out every day- but that’s a different problem for a different day.

“But you like him, so how does that work?” Dylan asked me.

“Shut it, Dylan,” I snapped.

“Olive’s got a crush!” Charlie sang as he ran through the house. My older brother joined in on the singing and I swear I heard my aunt and my mother humming along from the kitchen. My father narrowed his eyes at me and I sighed.