𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

christen and louis were laying in christen's bed getting ready to take their daily nap. they've been staying away from the media for two weeks because they just want to be with each other. they haven't had enough of that time yet before it's all being ruined because of makayla being jealous.

"i'm sorry chris." louis said with his head on christen's stomach. she wasn't tired yet so she was playing with louis' hair and scratched his scalp because it helped him fall asleep.

"for what?" christen asked.

"for everything with makayla. you don't deserve any of this stress. it isn't fair. none of this would've happened if i wasn't so stupid. it's all my fault. i should have never gotten involved with her when i clearly knew what her intentions were." louis responded.

"lou. look at me." christen said. louis just buried his face into christen more.

"lou i said look at me." christen repeated. louis knew better than to get on his girlfriends nerves. he picked his head up and look up at the girl he's been falling for.

"you are not stupid. none of this is your fault. we are going to get through this together. there is no i or just you anymore. it's you and me. you and i. makayla is jealous because she will never have what we have. we were made for each other even if we are complete opposites sometimes. you've been my dream guy since day one. now you are that and so much more. i don't feel stress out when i'm with you. i feel safe. you make me feel safe. you make me feel loved. you make me want to wake up in the morning. you make me want to be better. it's all you louis. you have literally done nothing wrong. you've been so good to me and i'm so lucky. i can see why makayla wants you so bad. but lou, you're just so amazing. i don't want you to think that any of this is your fault. it's not. okay?" christen said. the words meant a lot to louis. he really needed that reassurance because he was starting to think he wasn't good enough for christen. louis started crying.

christen pulled louis up to her level and held him.

"chris you're so amazing. so amazing. you scare me." louis said with tears falling.

"lou what do you mean?" christen asked.

"i can't even put it into words. my brain is in complete overdrive all the time when i'm with you, but it calms down because it's you. i don't know what to say. i just-" louis stopped himself. he couldn't say it.

"louis you aren't making sense. just breathe and try to put what you're feeling in words." christen said.

"chris i know what i want to say to you. i just.. i can't. i can't scare you more than you scare me." louis said.

"you couldn't ever do anything to scare me away from you. just tell me what you're feeling." christen told him.

"fuck chris. you're too good for me and i just- chris please i can't." louis said pulling away from the hug and getting off of christen's bed.

"no louis you aren't running from me." christen said getting up to block the door.

"christen." 

"louis."

"chris you scare me in the best way possible. i've never felt like this. never felt so connected to anyone before. i can't mess it up before it even begins. i can't you won't like it and you won't understand." louis said dropping to the bed.

"try me." christen responded.

"chris-"

"try. me." 

"chris i love you. and it scares the ever-loving fuck out of me. it hasn't even been that long, but i do. i can't deny it. you're all i ever think about. the only person i will ever need. that scares me not because i'm unsure. not even because we're young. it scares me because i don't think you feel the same love i feel for you. i love you so much it's not even funny. it's been a month and i-" louis began rambling. something christen knew louis did when he was nervous. 

"louis shut up. please. you talk too much." christen said leaning down to kiss louis. when the kiss got heated, they pulled away out of breath.

"louis, i love you too. i do. i'm sure. i'm scared too and i have been for awhile. i trust you, so i'm taking this leap with you. i. love. you. you're the only one i want." christen said.

"i'm so lucky to have you." louis said pulling christen down back into bed to cuddle with him. this time, louis was holding her.

"damn straight." christen jokingly responded.

"oh my god. christen evans you drive me insane." louis said.

"i love you." christen responded. louis smiled and kissed her forehead. after a few moments of comfortable silence, they fell asleep. as happy as can be.

AUTHORS NOTE

little cute moment because they've been so problematic recently.