Leo

Another day of school means another day of suffering. Today marked the end of the 2nd week of school, and I had made it through the past few days alright. For the most part, I made bad jokes with my friends and annoyed Calypso and my teachers. Yeah, it was a good first week.

I woke up, got ready for school, said goodbye to my family, and was off.

I arrived after the doors had been open for a good 15 minutes, so I had to go inside myself.

When I arrived at my locker, I was greeted by Jason and Piper bickering, which was strange, because they almost never fought.

"Hey, hey! What's going on here?"

Piper rolled her eyes and pushed past Jason. "Jason won't lay off Percy."

"What? Homecoming is coming up in 2 months, and he and Annabeth still haven't come up with a plan."

"Are you kidding? They have time!"

"So?"

"Gods, you are such a worrier! Besides, you're one to talk- you still haven't even asked who ever you're asking out yet either." Jason winced, and only I knew the reason for both of their reactions. Piper wanted Jason to ask her, and Jason didn't know that, because he was still trying pull up the courage to ask her to be his date.

"J-just..." Jason stuttered. "Whatever."

"Hm."

"Okayy." I trailed off.

"Who do you plan on asking, Leo?" Piper looked at me.

If I was being 100% honest, I didn't know who I was asking yet. Actually, I didn't even know if I was going to ask someone- or go for that matter. I knew there were no girls interested in me, and most of my friends would be going with their partners or friends. Mr. Mcshizzle would probably be spending the night alone, in the quietness of his mothers' garage.

"Uhh," I hesitated. "I'm not sure yet."

"B-"

"Hey! Look at the time, we should probably go, see you!" Before Piper could protest, I jogged down the hall to Calculus.

The class was okay, but as always, Annabeth was no fun.

When I left that class I got ready for my next class, History.

I got in a few minutes before class started- but hey, don't get it twisted. Leo Valdez wouldn't come into class early just for fun, alright? I came in to see Calypso. I figured I could get some extra time to annoy- I mean- talk to her.

Well, I was wrong. I walked into class and sure enough, Calypso was there. Buttt, Katie and Silena were totally hogging her.

"And the flowers are just the prettiest thing, like, ever!" Katie gushed.

"Oh, absolutely!" Silena agreed.

I groaned and began to turn around. If they were there, there was no way I would be able to speak alone with Calypso. Suddenly a heard a pair of feet run up to me, and felt a finger tap my shoulder.

"Leo?" I flipped around. Standing in front of me was no other than Silena.

"Hey, Silena, what's up?"

"Oh nothing..." I stared at her confused, but at last she finally said, "You wanna talk to Cal, don't you?"

"Uh, what? How did you-"

"Katie, sweetie!" Silena called. "I think I left something in your locker. Can you come help me get it?"

Katie furrowed her eyebrows at her. "Why would it be in my locker?"