Leo

"Why don't you just really tell her how you feel?" My mother, Jo, asked, filing down a stool.

"I am telling her... just not directly." She raised an eyebrow. "Calypso will figure it out sooner or later, she's smart!"

"I think you're not telling her because you're scared."

I laughed, but my mother's blank face stayed the same. "Me, scared? Mom, you have it all wrong."

"I don't think I do. I think all the flirting and joking is just to hide the fact that you're too scared to admit your feelings to her. You're waiting to see if she feels the same way so you won't have to admit it first- you could save yourself from the embarrassment."

"Uh-"

"It's true isn't it?"

"Uh, no. I don't know what you're talking about." I lied. "I have to go now."

"Mhm." I went out tk the main hall to find some of the other Waystation residents.

Deacon, Stan, Jaimie, and Lit sat there, arguing about the game they were playing.

"You're not allowed to do that!" Lit said.

"Says who?" Deacon growled.

"It says it in the rulebook!"

"Woah there, since when were you one to pay attention to the rules?"

"Guys," I interrupted them. "Why are you arguing?"

"They're mad Deacon stacked his cards." Jaimie sighed.

Deacon threw up his hands. "That's the way I play!"

"It's not how we play." Lit shot back.

"Whatever. I'll take my cards back, can we just continue?" They started the ga me back up, and I took a seat with them. "So Leo, what's going on with that girl?"

I let out a loud groan. "How do you guys know about Calypso?"

"Ooh, so that's her name?"

"Yeah, yeah. It's complicated... I want to tell her that I like her and I'm trying, but she's not seeming to get the message."

Jaimie cleared his throat. "Are you being clear?"

"Uhh- kind of?"

Lit rolled his eyes. "Kind of won't cut it, dude. Just tell her how you feel and move on. If you don't, you're not gonna get anywhere."

I looked over all the boys in front if me and sighed. "Fine."

-----------------------

"And then," Piper continued. "My dad said that he'd be home for Thanksgiving!"

Jason took a sip of his drink. "That's great, Pipes."

"Isn't it? I'll have, like, an actual normal dinner!" She turned to everyone else. "What about the rest of you guys?"

Most of us explained their plans, and it seemed like a normal Thanksgiving. When it got to Calypso however, she hesitated.

"Well... my father was supposed to be with us. But he kind of ran away... so now it's just my mother Zoë and I." She looked up and noticed all of our concerned faces. We knew how important it was for Calypso to see her father, someone who she had a close bond with. Seeing her after he left... "But it's fine!" She quickly added. "Plieone would probably ruin dinner anyways."