Tell me is it you, boy?

"Hello?" Michael's voice raised in pitch.

"H-hey!" Mark squeaked. The sound of Michael's voice made him more anxious.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Not much."

The conversation was quickly dying.

"I see..." Michael slowly said.

"I need to talk to you." Mark belted out as stared at his hand. He was trying to convince himself that his hand was extremely interesting.

"What's up?" He seemed generally curious at most.

"Can we talk in person? I really don't want to discuss this issue on the phone." Mark told him. He took a deep breath as Michael replied.

"Yeah. Where?"

"Meet me at the park closest to my house in an hour? I think you've seen it before."

"Mmm... I think so?" The boy answered him, seemingly in thought.

"Okay, see you soon!" Mark instantly hung up before Michael could even say bye.

It was happening. It was actually going to happen. He was shaking from the phone call. It was all unreal. Just seemed like yesterday Michael hated him.

The male took his time getting ready. He put on three shirts deciding on what would be the most appropriate for this occasion. He never thought an occasion like this would happen, ever. Mark took his time doing everything. He had to look perfect.

Mark smiled weakly into the mirror starring at himself. He was literally trembling.

You can do this. You don't need him if he rejects you, Mark. You're a beautiful person. The black haired boy told himself.

--

Mark arrived at the park as his heart beat faster. Where could he be? It's exactly an hour! He thought. It was ridiculous thinking of course. He sat at the swing sets.

Ten minutes passed by as Mark rocked back and forth on the swing. He stood me up. He repeated to himself. He didn't want to leave in case he actually showed up. Mark was determined to stay until night fell. It was 5pm. The moon wasn't too far away.

"Hey."

Mark wiped his head up and watched Michael sit beside him on the other swing. He too rocked side to side.

Mark could feel his heart beat in his throat as he bit down on his lip. He just stared at Michael. This was it, now. No turning back. It was happening.

Michael was starring at his feet then lifted his head up to look at Mark.

"So?" He commented to the silence

Mark was looking at the ground now chewing on his nails. Daring himself to glance up at him. His eyes lingered over to Michael as he forced his hand down.

"Michael..."

"Mark...?"

"Remember when I asked you if you were gay?"

Michael raised his eyebrow.

"Sure?"

"I uh..." Mark's eyes danced around the park looking at everything but Michael. Michael was getting more confused by the second.

His breathing became more aware since it had gotten heavy. His nails up to his teeth again. But, he hadn't noticed. He knew he was extremely nervous and he knew Michael was aware.

"I asked you for a reason... I think I like you Michael." Mark's throat was dry but, continued to chew his nails as he made himself look at Michael.

The curly haired man's eyes widened. His face became a bit pale so it seemed.

They stayed silent for a moment, both working up the nerve to speak.

"Y-y-y-you what?" Michael stuttered. He could barely speak. His voice sounded like a skipping record.

Mark still hadn't stopped biting his nales.

"And... You like, me?"

The male nodded.

"There's a lot of pretty girls in the world, shit, in this city." Michael informed him.

"I'm... Gay... Michael." He shrugged slowly confessing to him.

"And you like... Me? Like, me. Michael Jones?" He still didn't believe it.

"Me? Me? Me???" His voice sounded like he was warming up to sing.

Mark put forced his hand back down.

"Why me?" Michael asked unaware of his growing nervousness.

"Because, I love your anger. You're extremely funny and I adore that when you laugh your nose wrinkles up. I can tell you're different from the rest you work with. Whether that's good or bad." Mark told him trying to keep his cool.

Michael stared at him. His cheeks were turning an attractive rosy red.

Mark weakly smiled deciding that this must be a sign that this could end well.

Michael smiled back the best he could. He still was in utter shock. And on top of it, he was getting as nervous as Mark.

Silence fell again but, this time Mark cracked the tension.

"And I know you're not gay. And I respect that, Michael." The male ran his fingers through his hair trying to be less obvious of how he was feeling.

Once agian silence flooded the conversation. Mark couldn't tell what Michael was thinking what so ever.

"I'll try anything once." The boy answered.

Marks eyes opened wide in panic but shock. Did he just... What does he mean? This was confusion on a whole other level.

"Wh-what?" He stuttered.

"But, what about, Lindsay?!" Mark was flustered by his choice of answer. He didn't want to hurt her but yet, he didn't want to get hurt either.

"I'll talk to her... I haven't been feeling like she's the one." He added. He played with his hands nervously.

"Well... I'm glad we had this talk, Michael. You make me want to be a better man. ...Even if that means a better man at video games." Mark giggled.

Michael smiled at his joke. But, he wasn't sure if he wanted to leave Lindsay for Mark. Maybe Lindsay would never figure it out. Michael didn't want to feel this attraction.

That night instead of telling Lindsay how he felt, he went home and kissed her. She never had to know.