Chapter 4:

As I drifted off to sleep. A dream walk began. Leaving my body behind, almost. I flitted into the closest person dreaming- Alleeah. True, I'm in her dream, but only as a watcher. The dream had an old touch to it...signaling the dream wasn't just a fantasy...it was a memory.

Alleeah appeared in a white dress as a little girl, no more than seven years old. Today was her birthday, she was going to be eight. I don't know how I knew these little bits of information, but I did.

Her mom, dad, and friends appeared then as well as in the kitchen, table, and chairs. They came carrying a cake with candles. It all seemed very average- singing "Happy Birthday", blowing out candles, opening gifts, and eating cake, but once the party ended and her friends went home...The horrors began.

Her mom tried to stop it, but her father turned towards her and beat her, screaming at her. The mother...looked oddly familiar and very much NOT Egyptian.

Once the mother was out of the way, her dad said in rough English, "Now time for your best birthday gift," and grabbed the little girl's hair and dragged her to the bedroom. I was enraged, watching this nightmare, but could do nothing! Once in the bedroom her father violated her body. Made her touch him as tears rolled down her beautiful little face. And finally...raping her.

Alleeah's dream shuddered and shifted, it formed a new. This one was also a dream memory. It showed Alleeah approaching a young man whom she flirted with. She had been with the boy for two years and was hoping he'd tell her he was going to marry her, but instead what happened was the boy gifted her- a love bite, she thought and couldn't remember what had happened.

Again, her dream shifted, but didn't form anew- it just showed a slide show similar to that of a movie. White walls, a steel table, white coats, doctors.The faint beeping of an IV. Blood... Lots and lots of blood.

Suddenly, I was pulled, hard, back to my own body which was sleeping as Alleeah cried in her sleep over many things which were both dark secrets.

----

When I awoke in a small bedroom, I looked around, my eyes missing nothing- blue curtains, a small closet with a few clothes for me to change into, a nightstand near the bed, which had white sheets, blue comforter and blue and white pillows.

Once finished with that I stopped...listening. Alleeah laid deep in sleep in the adjacent bedroom, her breaths deep, her heartbeat steady and calm. I stretched out my hearing further. There were a few people at the market just setting up. Even further-no one. No one was coming to this house. I stood up, preparing to get dressed.

Suddenly, I remembered the horror-filled dream of Alleeah's and rage filled me... I slammed my fist against the weak plaster...Causing a hole to form. I stopped and forced myself to calm down as other images filled me, of not just that one dream, but the others, too. The boy in the dream- he bit Alleeah! He was a vampyre and she'd thought nothing of the bite. The slide show... it was... a lab! Once they found out she had been bitten, they shipped her to a lab, where she'd been tested and abused many times over. Yet, that still didn't explain my closeness to her...

I'd ask her about it later if she'd be willing to talk... In the mean time I planned on getting answers as to why she was so familiar. Then it hit me- the mother, Alleeah's mother...she looked like....like- I stumbled as I tried to continue putting on my undergarments and sat heavily on the bed. Then, resolutely I finished dressing in my jeans and white and black striped V-neck with matching shoes.

Walking from the room, I headed down to the kitchen..Searching. I grabbed some cereal, not caring what kind and poured it into a bowl with milk. I heard Alleeah stir then and get up. She didn't come downstairs right away, instead I heard the water running and she took a shower. That was good, I needed the time.