Chapter 12:

Cayden had gotten out of the bathroom and we all ordered food to eat, which was now gone. Now we were just waiting on the call from the cleaners.

It should've been awkward sitting in the room with my soul mate (who didn't know he was quite yet) and my Consort, but it wasn't. It was easy-going and Alleeah was good at backing off for Cayden to relax and get to know each of us better. He still didn't know why he was here, what happened, or what I was, but none of that mattered because he was enjoying himself.

"So... I've noticed you both are rather flirty," Cayden turns to me. "I thought you said you didn't have a boyfriend?"

"I don't," I replied smugly.

"I didn't think you'd play for the other team though."

"What makes you think I do?"

"I just said, you both seem rather flirty with each other." His eyes darted back and forth, between Alleeah and I.

"How do you know I don't play for both?" I shot back.

That shut him up. He wasn't even sure how to respond he just seemed lost, like he hadn't heard of the term "bisexual" once in his life.

I smiled at my thoughts, just a month ago I would've been saying I was straight, and for the most part I was except with Alleeah. She just had this draw about her, she seemed to drive me insane since she opened up the other door for me, yet not nearly as insane as Cayden did.

I pulled out of my musing and back into reality, noticing Cayden was staring intently at me again. He'd been doing that over the course of the hours stuck in the hotel. Every time he'd just stare at me with glazed eyes and didn't look away, it was as if he was trying to figure out the attachment he held for me.

I sighed, wishing I could tell him now, but now wasn't the time. We needed time alone.

I stood up then and held my hand out to him, he blinked a couple of times before taking it and standing up with me.

Alleeah never asked where we were going, she was just okay with it and when we left she didn't call once.

----

Sitting in the ice cream shop was like a dream I couldn't remember I had until now- sprinkles, assorted ice cream, fruit, nuts, syrup of various names and flavors.

However, I just ordered plain chocolate while Cayden got vanilla drizzled in carmel with sprinkles. I had taken us here to get a break from the hotel and to waste more time, it wouldn't be long until I could take him back home with me, but long enough I was sick of the hotel. I wasn't going to talk about me, Alleeah, our relationship or what happened last night. Hell, Cayden didn't even remember his girlfriend he'd been through so much trauma last night and I, well didn't bring it up...yet.

I knew I couldn't wait any longer to contact Cane because my nerves were just eating at me, so while we ate I texted him quick:

*Find anything more out?*

A few spoons of ice cream in my stomach more and I got a reply:

*Not much. Really just useless info, I'll be sure to call you when I have GOOD info.*

Hmm.. I hoped he wasn't in danger.

*You okay? Last time we talked you sounded worried about...the thing you spoke of.*

Few spoonfuls more and I noticed Cayden watching me as I texted, although he thought I wouldn't see.

*I'm fine. I just didn't expect it. You know me Sery. Hah*