Prologue

Once there had been a vampyre, an immortal being who feasted on the blood of mortals. He had longed for a companion but forever frightened those who he tried to make his.

One dreary night, finally sick of scaring those away, he offered a piece of his soul to give to another, a companion and in return he'd get a piece of hers. It took him days, months, years but he finally found her.

His soul mate.

And when he did it wasn't instanteous love, but took a bit of coaxing. However once together, they formed a Bond unlike any other;  unable love no other and had a child.

Yes, a child.

The child was concieved like a human: born.

The difference?

The mother had been human, the father vampyre. The father carried only enough sperm for one shot in his chamber. The odds were stacked against them and even if she became pregnant the risks would only increase.

Why? Because they wanted a pure blood vampyre...

Not half.

So on a stormy night when she was in the throes of labor he gave her a gift; his blood. A merging of the veins, a transfusion.

When she began to change her body rejected her halfblood child because she would be infertile, he held just enough strength to slice at his love's bulbous stomach.

It was risky, he could lose his love or his child. It was why so many preferred stealing children or having none at all.

The job was bloody and exhausting. But the father prevailed and saved both his love and their child.

That child...was me. Sery.

I am a pure blood vampyre. The last, I believe. I also have a talent: dream walking. Something I do when I, yes, sleep. I travel into others dreams and can see what they dream of, know their thoughts.

I am limited though, vampyre minds are harder to slip into, not impossible and humans with any mental abilities are complicated as well, but it's still possible.

My mother and father are technically half vampyres since they were changed and not born.

I haven't seen another pure blood in my lifetime..

My eyes scan the desert before me.

My fear grows.

What if I'm the very last full blood?