Chapter 23:

I awoke the next evening, having slept through the day because of my previous little scrap with Cooper's minions.

I blinked, opening my eyes to see a brillant dark blue sky flecked with bright white gleams punctured into it's vast blue-ness that were stars. I stretched out, feeling the warmth of Cayden's hand on my stomach and smiled. It always felt good to have him here- with me. I sighed, thinking of Alleeah whom I was still upset about despite my happiness with Cayden.

I gingerly lifted his hand, making sure Cayden didn't wake, and slipped away from his desirable body. Instantly I thought of Jay as I padded to the bathroom, but I shrugged it off- if Jay had wanted to kill us he would have. I was sure he'd woken up a few times.

As I went into the bathroom I had snagged my cell and closed the door quietly. I quickly did a scan of my surroundings: Cayden's even breathing in the bedroom, Jay's footsteps as he moved around-awake (proving my assumption correct), the neighbor's sleeping and animals scurrying around, no sign of any vamp nearby.

After confirming that I checked my phone and found I had a few missed calls- all from the hospital except for a voicemail from Cane. I winced feeling guilty that I hadn't been awake to answer it. I quickly hit 'call' and listened to the phone ring, deciding to listen to the voicemail later.

Three rings later and a nurse picked up.

"Hello," she said cheerily, reminding me of bright sunshine.. god.. it wasn't even daytime.

"Hello. I see I've received some calls from this number, I'm assuming my friend is alright?" I asked through my foggy haze.

"What's your friends name?" The nurse asked.

"Alleeah. Berayl," I replied quickly, becoming irritated with the nurse.

"Ah yes! I remember her. I was just helping her yesterday a bit for her primary nurse. She's doing lovely, in fact she's ready to leave," she giggled.

"So she's awake? And she's in good health?" I asked, a smile creeping up on my face.

"Yes! Yes! She's doing well. If you'd like to come and pick her up tomorrow I'm sure she would love that!" The nurse teased a bit, but reminded me Alleeah was just fine.

"Tomorrow? Why not now?" I asked, concerned.

"Well because it's ten at night miss! It's awful late to have her leave and the doctors are running final tests to make sure she's one-hundred percent. Swing by in the morning, she'll be very relieved," the nurse explained.

Ten at night! My god I slept..FOREVER!

"Oh! Alright. Be sure to tell her I'll be there at exactly nine tomorrow!" I said more awake now.

"I will sure do that. Have a nice night."

"You too."

I hung up then and slid out of the bathroom door to find Cayden sitting up, fully alert.

"Alleeah okay?" He asked, a bit concerned.

"Yes, she's just fine. We're picking her up tomorrow morning at nine," I told him, walking over.

Cayden nodded, agreeing and pulled me closer.

"How's Jay? Has he tried anything?" Cayden mumbled.

I shook my head. "I haven't been up that long, we need to go check on him. Actually we should ALL probably go out and hunt for blood.. Jay especially that might be why I heard him pacing."

"If you insist," He murmured close to my cheek.

"I do," I replied shortly.

Cayden chuckled in response, cradling me in his arms as he stood up. He slowly put me down, not wanting to, but knew I was capable of walking.