Chapter 20:

That had to have been the most mournful kill I'd ever had or made and the most painful... I hoped to God Cayden would be the only one I fed from after that, I thought to myself as I walked through the door to my new house. I had walked passed where Alleeah was staying in her hotel and made sure she was okay. I had tended to the half vamp's body and cleaned up the house a bit in case someone or something came looking, though if it had the eyes of a vampyre it wouldn't matter.

I fretted over the fact that man hadn't simply done Cooper's will because of the money... He done it for some other reason all together and was willing to give that up. Deep down, I think he knew what he was doing wasn't right.. Deep down.. He wanted me to stop and end Cooper's madness.

I sighed and stripped off my shredded clothes, tossing it into the trash and headed up the stairs. I slipped into the room with sleeping Cayden and crept over the moonlit carpet. I reached our bags again and yanked out a night gown, sliding it over my head.

That in place, I quickly put all of our things away in the oak dresser. I headed into the bathroom and checked myself before heading to bed.

I wasn't covered in blood, but my hair was messy enough to need to be brushed so I quickly tore a brush through the snarls in my hair and brushed my teeth. When everything was in place I crawled into bed and tugged Cayden to me.. I fell into a blackened sleep.

----

I awoke with a stretch and yawned. I went to move, but an arm snaked around my waist and pulled me close to a a rather warm body. I smiled as I smelt Cayden's delicious scent; snuggling into him just for a few more moments.

Once I was fully awake, I tugged away from his warmth and safety, laughing a bit when he groaned at the lack of my body next to his. I waited for a second as his eyes fluttered open and he squinted up at me from the little bit of sunlight streaming in.

"Where are you going?" He mumbled, groggy with sleep.

"To take a shower and look decent for your change... It's time to get up, especially since I'm not sure when Alleeah will want to come back here," I murmured and walked to the dresser, pulling out a simple outfit and garments.

I felt Cayden's alertness and shock roll through him.

"My change?" He whispered.

I nodded and slipped into the bathroom. I started the water, waiting for it to get warm enough for me to slide into and began undressing. Once naked I climbed into the steaming, warm liquid.

Not even five minutes into the shower I heard Cayden open the bathroom door, strip down and then felt his hands around my waist. The contact of skin had me heated, but I promised myself I'd be good. So I managed to finish the shower without any sexual activities and had Cayden grumbling the whole way out.

----

I sat Cayden down across from me on the wooden floor of the living room, figuring chairs and the couch were pointless.

He looked at me nervously, fidgeting with his fingers. I gazed at him calmly-listening for any half vamps or Alleeah; finding no one-and wondering how I was going to do the transfusion..

I decided on surprising him, it would work best. I heard his heart beating hard against his chest. He was so nervous and excited for this.

"Relax," I murmured, trying to calm him before the surprise-just in case he could.

Cayden couldn't though, his heartbeat was tripling. I sighed; it didn't matter, I could do this either way. I knew he wanted to do this because he smiled at me even though he was nervous.