49 - Be Mine

AKANSHA POV:

"Hey Akansha, Are you enjoying the exhibition? ",she asked, coming closer.

The shock was evident on my face. I guess she ignored it and smiled sweetly waiting for my answer. There must be a reason for her to come to me.

"Yeah, It's good ",I replied.

"Are you enjoying it too, Parth? ",she asked Parth, acknowledging him.

He just nodded his head in return.

"Tonight there is a party arranged for the seven day completion of the exhibition. I hope you will come along with Parth and attend the party ",she spilled her reason for speaking with me.

I am not at all in the mood for a party. I need a bed for me to sleep peacefully. But why is she asking me so sweetly all of a sudden? Something is really fishy!

Hearing no response from me and Parth, her face sank a little.

"You both would come, right? ",she asked again.

"Are you interested in attending it? ",he asked for my opinion.

Why is he asking me? If he is interested, he should go. Now if I say no, then she will surely spread the news of me controlling Parth. But the truth is that there is nothing between me and him. Even though there is some attraction, I hope it will fade away with time.

"If you want to go, you can go. I am not stopping you ",I said to him. His face frowned hearing my words.

"If she won't come, then you won't see me there ",Parth said in a final tone.

"Akansha... all our classmates have agreed for the party. If you both are missing, it would look like we have a grudge on you ",she said trying to change my mind.

"Fine. We will attend for sure ",I sighed. I shall stay at the party for a few minutes and then return to my room.

"Great! ",she exclaimed happily.

"Let's meet there ",she said, staring at Parth with a flirty smile and walking off.

I guess I should be careful at the party. Something is really fishy about her.

"Are you fine with going to the party? If you are not, then we shall not go", he said before I could reply to him.

Why are you being so patient and calm with me? I have rejected his love for the umpteenth time. But he is still not willing to give up. Why Parth? Why are you making me guilty?

"I am fine. It's just a party; I can manage ",I said affirmatively.

"Okay ",he nodded his head.

*******

"Just a cup of water ",I asked the attendant in the club.

The party in the club is going in full-swing. One could get lost in this crowd. I decided to stick with no alcohol as I know that I am zero alcoholic tolerant. I will do all crazy stuff which will lead me to shame the next day. This is a foreign country and Parth is beside me. I have no wish to embarrass myself like a fool in front of him. Parth was sipping his glass of whiskey beside me, with a strong penetrating gaze towards my direction. He is a person who loves parties. But why is he not enjoying it now? Why is he not socializing with the people around him? I could see all the flirty, dreamy looks of the girls staring at him as if he was a Greek god. Was it because of me he is ignoring them? My heart fluttered when that thought of him reached my mind.

"Hey Parth, Shall we dance? ",Erica came with a sweet smile plastered on her makeup face. She looked so slutty in my eyes. How does one manage to do so? I don't think I will ever stand to her level.