2 • Whelve

Whel • ve
Noun | Meaning
To bury something deep; to hide

I like writing in an aesthetically pleasing coffee shop. Makes me feel more like a writer. It sounds stupid, I know that. But I like the smell of coffee, the jazz music in the background and the chatting of people. Life feels simple in those moments.

I like writing about me and Nekane. Actually, my first hit as Luna Davis was a story about me and Nekane. I published it after being away for 6 months and the weeks after that were really scary. I didn't use our real names of course and the chance of him reading it was already very slim since he never really read sappy books like these but still. You never know.

"One cappuccino for madame," Kristel says and she takes a seat at our table. I smile at her while closing my laptop and setting it aside. "Thank you," I say as I grab the mug and take a sip. "So what are you writing about?" Kristel asks me and I shrug.

"Not about Nekane again," She groans and I laugh. "What do you have against Nekane? You don't even know him," I remark and she shakes her head. "I don't care. You ran away from him like you were hiding from a serial killer, that tells me enough about the person he is," She tells me and I shoot her a weak smile.

"The love Nekane and I shared inspires me, is all. Besides, it sells. My publisher loves all the stuff I write about when it comes to our stories." I shrug, taking another sip. "Well, at least you make money off your failed marriage," She laughs and I join her. Laughing through the pain I guess.

"Jules, come on. It'll be fun!" My friend Gina whines and I shake my head laughing. "No! We have a very important final tomorrow and I don't want to fail," I lecture her and she shakes her head. "Puh-lease! You are more prepared than any of us, you'll pass with the biggest hangover if you had to," She scoffs.

"You don't have to drink, just be there. I promise it'll be fun and you won't regret it." She tells me and I roll my eyes. "Fine, but only if you'll shut up about it," I groan as I get up from my seat and go to grab my jacket.

"What are you doing?"

"Grabbing my jacket so we can go?" I frown at her and she shakes her head. "Hell no! You're not going out wearing that. Wear something hot!" She scolds me and I groan again. "Gina, be happy I'm already coming with you. Now shut your mouth and let's go," I say and with that, I walk out of our dorm.

Gina follows after me and together we walk to the frat house where this party takes place. This is the stupidest idea ever. Why did I come along again?

When we arrive at the frat house, I can already tell this is going to be a mess. I'm refusing to drink any alcohol here or I might wake up in the middle of nowhere tomorrow.

As we enter the house I'm overwhelmed by the smell of sweat, alcohol, and cheap perfume. The loud music and heat don't help either. Normally I don't have a problem with these things, but I'm simply not in the mood to party right now.

"Let's get some drinks!" Gina yells at me over the music and I nod. Well, drinks for her. None for me. I'll be lucky if I find some kind of soda without alcohol here. We walk up to a dinner table where there are all kinds of bottles presented to us and Gina immediately goes for the tequila.

I scan the table for soda or anything else but nothing. If I don't get killed by some drunk people today, I'll probably die of dehydration.

As Gina pours herself a drink, I turn around to look at the crowd when I bump into someone. "Jesus!" I curse as I jump back from the bump and lookup. I make eye contact with the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen in my life.