Overwhelmed 2

TRIGGER WARNING: ATTEMPTED SUICIDE 

SKIP TO THE BOTTOM IF YOU CANT TAKE IT AND I WILL AHVE A SUMMARY THERE FRO YOU

Astrid's POV
Astrid sunk to her knees, still cradling Nufffink as Zephyr cried.

Why was she such an idiot? Why couldn't she do anything right? Why did she always have to put Hiccup down? This was all her fault. She didn't deserve anything.

But she was one tough cookie. She cradled and breastfed Nufffink until he fell asleep, cleaned up the spilt milk from earlier and comforted Zephyr, giving her medicine and tucking her into bed.

"Mommy?" zephyr whispered as her mother tucked her in, "Why did you and daddy shout?".

"We were mad at each other baby, don't worry you will never have to se that again." Astrid eyes began to water as she thought about what she was planning to do.

"You know I love you so much baby right?" Astrid questioned, stroking her daughters hair as she cried.
"Yeah mommy I love you too," zephyr yawned, not noticing the tears streaming done her mother's face.

Astrid slowly descended the stairs, sobbing until she reached the kitchen. Fresh waves of tears fell as she opened the highest cupboard (she had been insistent no child of hers was going to reach anything sharp) and took out her sharpest knife.

Hiccups POV

Hiccup ran as fast as his legs would carry him until he reached the docks. Why was he such a failure? Astrid was right. He couldn't even save his dad. He was a terrible chief, after and an even worse husband. What sort of a person shouted at their wife like that?

He should go back, apologise, and tell Astrid he loved her but something was stopping him.

He stared into the water, thinking.

Would Astrid really care if he died? Would she? She said that maybe he should have died. Maybe he should have. then at least berk would have a better chief.

No! What was he doing? 

Hiccup shook his head forcefully, as if trying to shake that mentality out of his mind. 

Astrid loved him, he was a great chief, he had kids. Oh Gods. 

Zephyr. Nuffink. 

Oh Thor. He had left Astrid with them. 

Hiccup ran even faster then he had ran to the docks thinking to himself, oh thor oh thor oh thor Astrid I'm sorry so sorry I love you you're so tired I should've helped then we wouldn't have argued and I wouldn't have ran oh thor what did I do? 

When he arrived, panting and sweating at the door, he was about to burst in when he heard sobs. He felt tears run down his own face as he heard Astrid cry. He slowly opened the door.

Astrid's POV

She held the knife in her hands - which was sharper than half of her daggers- and contemplated where to cut herself. She held it up to her throat but looked in to the mirror (idk if they had mirrors go along with me here) at her tear- stained face and shook her head. No. She wasn't going to let her baby girl walk down the stairs to see her mothers throat slit.

Oh thor. Zephyr. What was she going to do? She was going to let her baby not have a mom? Let heave to spend mothers' day crying, her birthday wishing her mommy could hug her.

this is best for her, Astrid firmly told herself and wiped her eyes. She brought the knife so it was pointing to her stomach. she sighed, that wouldn't work. She laughed a teary laugh. This was pathetic, she didn't want to kill herself like that because it 'wasn't her style'

She carefully rolled up her sleeve and held the knife just above her skin and nodded. 

There we go, a little voice in her head told her, just a few teeny tiny cuts there and its done. you wont feel pain, guilt, sadness or fear. You will never feel like this again.

"Astrid?"

Hiccup's POV

Hiccup opened the door and saw his wife, sobbing, a knife poised over her wrist. 

"Astrid?" he croaked and began to cry.

His wife didn't move, even  though she definitely heard him. 

"Astrid," hiccup took a step towards her and she tensed up and backed away, holding the knife to her throat, whimpering.

"Astrid, you dont wont this, let me help, please," Hiccup took another step but immediately froze as she held the knife closer, almost cutting her.

"y-you dont get it. I'm losing m-my mind. There's so much to do hiccup. I'm so tired, I'm angry, I'm stupid, I'm ugly, I'm worthless, you hate me, the kids wish I was dead-" Astrid cried.

"ASTRID!" hiccup yelled and he saw her breathing quicken dangerously and he tried to soften his face. "I love you ok? I love you I love you I love you I love you, just please give me the knife," he pleaded.

Astrid backed away until she hit the wall and slowly sunk to her knees, crying into her arms.

Astrid's POV

"Astrid I love you," hiccup whispered in her ear and when he brushed her hand, indicating he wanted the knife, she only clenched harder until her she was sure her knuckles where white.

She felt a touch on her shoulder and she jerked. 

Then there was a searing pain in her wrist.

She finally opened her eyes to see Hiccup was sitting next to her, face as white as a sheet.

"Hiccup? Are you ok?" she asked and brought her hand to comfort him but when she saw what had happened she had to stifle a scream.

When she jerked, her sweaty palms must have slipped and the knife had accidentally cut her on the wrist. 

Deep. 

She started seeing spots and she felt really dizzy. Her eyelids drooped and she blacked out. 

SUMMARY(I couldn't let my dear readers not be able to read the story because of what they can and can't take right?): Astrid starts having really dark thoughts and nearly kills herself. hiccup walks in and is so close to calming her down when she jerks, the knife slips and cuts her wrist deeply. She blacks out. 

Left you on a cliff hanger there didn't I? So sorry for not posting earlier, life does suck! So I have no idea what to write after the whole overwhelmed fiasco so if you have any prompts that WOULD BE AMAZING. I'll try to get them done as quick as I can.

Bi mwah

Mxxxx