chapter 30

CHAPTER 30

Song Areum

Areum was feeling a lot better by the time she had to work the next day

Areum was feeling a lot better by the time she had to work the next day. She had been having severe stomach cramps from her irregular monthly period—it was so inconsistent that she ran out of Jin's room yesterday, thinking she might already be bleeding after missing it for months on and off since the incident that led to her shutting down phase. When she went to her bathroom to check, she still hadn't gotten her period—she was just in so much pain. It might be best to get checked up but she didn't want to see a doctor as she had grown sick going in and out of the hospital as a patient.

Last night, she had fallen asleep soundly in her new hotel room in Paris despite the extreme pain from her lower abdomen to her knees and down to her toes.

Unlike any other mornings prior, she woke up to an empty side of the bed, where Jungkook had been sleeping for the past nights they were in London, she had no idea if he went and knocked to see her last night, she was way too deep in slumber to notice—perhaps it was her body shutting down again.

One thing she did know was that, her mornings will never be the same without Jungkook and the other side of the bed will forever be cold and empty without him—a fact that was hard to swallow.

When they met in the morning, Jungkook tried to stuck by her side, he asked if she had been feeling any better but it was getting more evident that some of the members had been pulling him away from her all day. Both of them haven't talked properly all morning, and they both seem to be living in different worlds unwillingly for some reasons.

As they rehearsed, Jungkook was on the other side of the main stage, bothering Jin and Jimin as they wrestled with one another. On the opposite side, Areum stayed with the rest of the members, and sat beside Yoongi—all giddy and smiles when Hoseok challenged her to dance a few chorus steps to their song 'Go Go'which she got in one go. Namjoon carried her off the ground proudly before Hoseok challenged her again to learn another choreo.

She picked 'Idol' thinking it had one of the songs that has a good exercise—she danced as if she wasn't in pain the day before. Taehyung and Yoongi laughed as Hoseok watched her with inquisitive hawkeyes when she danced the chorus part on her own, humming the song as she did so.

Namjoon tried to catch up beside her, before she stopped and glanced back towards Hoseok.

"You gotta watch out for him," she jokingly threatened Hoseok while teasing Namjoon at the same time as she returned to sit beside Yoongi, almost out of breath.

Namjoon gasped, glaring at her. "What do you mean? I've been dancing that for years! You don't know any better!"

Taehyung took her place and pointed out her missed steps before teaching her the proper move. She watched him in awe, his body grooved like soft whipped cream and thick honey as he danced and sung the song, she joined him chuckling as she copied Taehyung and Hoseok.