31 - Adrien / Chat Noir

Marinette was Ladybug. Ladybug was Marinette. It had been the best day of his life. After kissing her for another twenty minutes, they'd finally broken apart to talk about the plan to save his mother. She explained her theory to him, and he'd agreed to at least try.

A week later, the two of them stood in his mother's hospital room, having sneaked in and locked the doors. The plan was to do the spell, and then transform back, so that Emilie would wake up to his son...and new girlfriend.

"Are you ready?" Ladybug turned to him, and he grinned at her.

"Of course milady, let's do this."

She turned to face him, taking both of his hands in hers. They looked up at each other, and said, "Tikki! Plagg! Unify!"

The red and green glow surrounded them as their miraculous interacted, unifying them. Once the light died down, Adrien noticed how her suit had changed, parts of it were like his, with clawed hands, boots, black and red spotted ears and green eyes.

His suit had red spots all over it now too, and his boots had changed to resemble her own flat shoes. 

"Oh wow, that actually worked," Ladybug said. He gave her a 'what were you expecting' look, and she shrugged.

She let go of one of his hands, turning to face Emilie. They stood there side by side, their free palm's uplifted as they uttered the wish. 

Their voices joined together, becoming disembodied as they went on, "Miraculous Cat, Miraculous Ladybug, grant us your power, grant us a wish. Wake Emilie Agreste from her sleep, and restore her to her life, restore her to her son."

Red and green swirls of light surrounded them, spinning faster and faster until they could barely see Emilie anymore. Chat Noir held fast to Ladybug, knowing that no matter what happened, they couldn't stop the spell.

The light converged into a glowing sphere, before shooting towards Emilie. The room turned blindingly white and Chat Noir closed his eyes against it. 

Opening them a second later, he felt different. He'd detransformed, and Plagg was sitting unconscious on his palm. Marinette stood beside him cradling her own unconscious Kwami.

"Adrien?" He froze, hearing the voice he'd dreamed of so many times. 

Emilie was sitting up in the bed, looking as lovely as the day she'd left. "Oh, and you brought a friend." Emilie smiled, "What's your name dear?"

Marinette looked to Adrien, and then back to his mother, his own excitement mirrored on her face. She stepped forward, holding out her hand to Emilie, "I'm Marinette. It's lovely to meet you."

"Mom..." Adrien was frozen in place. But it didn't last too long, as he finally found his feet and rushed to her side, pulling her into a hug.

"Oh goodness, you've gotten so big!" She giggled, but then her smile dropped off her face, "How long was I..."

Adrien pulled away, but left his arms around her, "Five...five years..."

Emilie's eyes widened, "Oh."

They sat in silence for a moment, before Adrien took Marinette's hand, "Mom, I want you to meet Marinette, my girlfriend. She helped me get you back."

Emilie grinned, "Well, thank you Marinette. I'm sorry I missed the last five years, but I look forward to getting to know you both, and to see the person my little boy has become."

*****************

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please give it a vote if you did, it really helps the story reach even more readers. :D