27 - Adrien / Chat Noir

Chat Noir released Ladybug, going to join the others. He held the bag of flour in one hand, his staff in the other. She nodded to them, and Pegasus opened the portal. Rena Rouge blew her flute, and copies of Bunnyx, Ladybug and Queen Bee appeared, ready to go with them.

Chat Noir leapt through, bursting the bag and shaking it like crazy, sending the fine white powder everywhere. Hawkmoth and Mayura made the mistake of looking up, and instantly began coughing. They two of them begun to swing their weapons blindly, their depleted army rushing in to help them. 

But Team Miraculous was already there, holding them off while Chat Noir took on Hawkmoth and Mayura, his staff a blur. He drove them back to the edge of the tower where Ladybug would be waiting, and sure enough, red and yellow discs appeared, binding Hawkmoth and Mayura from head to toe.

Bunnyx teleported them closer, and the girls appeared in front of their old enemies, tearing off the brooches in a second. 

Chat Noir was too far back to see them, but from the shocked gasps of the two girls, he assumed it wasn't good.

Queen Bee broke the suspense with a shocked, "No way! This can't be!" 

Ladybug stepped back, and Chat Noir's heart dropped. 

Kneeling before him, was his father, and Nathalie. 

Ladybug didn't say anything, just turned to look at him, shock all over her face. Chat Noir couldn't move, couldn't breathe. He clenched his fists at his side.

Pocketing the miraculous, Ladybug squatted beside them, "Why did you do this? You have a son, you–"

"I did it for my wife! She used a damaged miraculous and has spent years in slumber! Only your miraculouses can bring her back!" Chat Noir's heart continued to race. His mother. He'd been trying to bring her back. 

The other heroes around him began to mutter about how crazy, or how messed up that was. Part of Chat Noir... part of Adrien knew that. But this was his father! And Nathalie!

None of it made sense, and yet...all of it did too. The way his father had been so private, so protective of him. He hadn't wanted his son to get injured by the akuma's. But he'd also put Adrien in danger so many times too, allowing the villains to hunt him down or keep him hostage. And why he'd been so hell-bent on getting the miraculouses. 

Adrien felt a part of him shatter, as the realisations hit him. 

Soon enough, the police arrived and put his father and Nathalie in handcuffs. Ladybug came to stand beside him as his family was taken away. 

Strangely enough, Nathalie stopped in front of them, looking up at Chat Noir and said, "I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you." She gave him a sad smile, and nodded to Ladybug before she was led away. 

"Woohoo!"

"That's how it's done!"

"Go Team!"

"Couldn't have done it without you guys!" 

Ladybug and Chat Noir turned just in time to see their friends converge on them, pulling them into a big group hug. Ladybug smiled up at him, but he couldn't return it, instead pulling away from the group, and leaping off the tower, back into the city.

*****************

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please give it a vote if you did, it really helps the story reach even more readers. :D