12 - Marinette / Ladybug

"Tikki, time to transform," Marinette started, but her Kwami stopped her.

"Are you sure you're okay to fight? You hit your head pretty hard."

"Yeah, besides they need Ladybug. No one else can de-evilise the butterfly, or clean up all the damages. I have to do this."

Tikki nodded solemnly, "Just say the words then."

"Tikki spots on!" 

Ladybug used her yo-yo to pull herself up onto the roof. Chat Noir had used his cataclysm on the staff, and the people that had been trapped in it were now running for the exits. The heroes were doing a great job of keeping Lovebug busy, but they weren't doing any real damage. 

Then, Lovebug released a greenish cloud of gas that sent all four of them coughing. Rena Rouge fell to the ground, as did Viperion. It was all she could do not to scream as her loved ones were consumed by the gas. 

Carapace had acted quickly though, and he and Chat Noir were surrounded by his shield. Ladybug searched Lovebug for where the Akuma could be. The top half of his body was mostly the same, with his signature green scarf hanging around his neck, covering his face from the gas. Of course! That scarf must be where the akuma is! And from the way it's over his face, I'm guessing he's affected by that gas too!

"Alright Lovebug, I think it's time for a lucky charm!" A gas mask. Well, at least it made sense, she was beginning to like the charm more and more.

The plan easily fell into place. She pulled the mask on and dropped down beside Chat Noir and Carapace, "Ready to end this?"

They nodded, "On my count, give him everything you've got. And try not to breathe that stuff in. One, two... three!"

The three heroes all leapt at Lovebug at once. He aimed for Chat Noir, sending his legs out to punch him back. As Chat Noir flew through the air, Carapace and Ladybug tackled Lovebug, with Carapace holding him down as Ladybug tore off his scarf. 

Carapace passed out a moment later, leaving Ladybug to tear the scarf and release the akuma. She de-evilised it quickly, and cleaned up the mess, leaving her heroes groggy but safe. 

After explaining what had happened, both Viperion's and Chat Noir's eyes went wide as they both remembered to look for Marinette. Ladybug assured them that she was fine, and pointed out that their miraculous were beeping. Time to go. The group of heroes disbanded, and Marinette de-transformed in a nearby classroom. 

"Marinette! Where are you?" Alya called from outside, with Nino and Adrien joining in too. 

"I'm right here guys! Are you okay?" She returned to the courtyard where Alya pulled her into a rib-crushing embrace.

"We were so worried, are you sure you're okay?" Alya pulled back enough to check her over.

Marinette grinned, "I'm fine, really. Thanks, you guys."

"Marinette?" Jules asked, and they all turned to see him standing not too far off.

Adrien's eyes went dark, but Marinette stepped forward before anything else could happen. "What do you want?"

He dropped his eyes, "I wanted to say that I am... really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I just wanted to talk...but I took it too far. Please, forgive me?"

She didn't want to. Not really, but she really didn't want any more akuma's to worry about. If this was the way to get rid of them, then so be it. "I guess. Just...please don't do anything like that again."

He nodded, and turned to go. 

"He didn't deserve to be forgiven," Adrien scowled. 

"Yeah, he's lucky most of those heroes were knocked out by the gas, or else things would have gone very differently," Alya grumbled. 

Marinette smiled, pulling her friend back into a hug, "It's okay, really. We don't want to be causing anymore akuma's right? If that means I have to forgive him, then...so be it. We all have to do our part to help Paris and defeat Hawkmoth." 

Adrien scrutinised her, "Yeah, I guess. Still, I don't like him."

"Neither dude, but you heard her, we've gotta be everyday heroes, like Marinette always is." Nino put his arm around Marinette's shoulders, and she grinned up at him. Eventually Adrien caved and his angry look gave way to a smile.

*****************

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please give it a vote if you did, it really helps the story reach even more readers. :D