20 - Marinette / Ladybug

When she landed in the attic with Ryuko by her side, Ladybug took in the scene. Most of the other heroes were already there, and she headed over to where Chat Noir was standing by the small window. She sucked in a breath as she saw how many villains and sentimonsters there were. Overwhelm threatened to drown her, so she looked away. Unfortunately, she ended up looking back at the other eight heroes, all looking to her for instructions.

Looking at all their expectant faces, Ladybug tried not to shrink into herself too much.

"Uh, okay," she elbowed Chat and he turned back to the group as well, looking more than a little pale under his mask. "So, it seems Hawkmoth has given up on his previous strategy and has now turned all of Paris against us. No biggie. We've dealt with that before, but this time they have sentimonsters too. It's going to be difficult to fight all of them, but this is what we've been training for." 

Ladybug took a deep breath, "Rena Rouge, you probably know almost as much about the villains and their sentimonsters as we do, we'll split up and work on taking out as many as we can."

"How do we know they won't just...pop back up?" Queen Bee asked, voicing what everyone was thinking. She had really surprised Ladybug, and Chat Noir. She had tried so hard at school to be kind, and right many of her wrongs. It had included lots, and lots of gifts. But she'd done it, and by the end of the week, many of her classmates actually began to consider her their friend.

Chat Noir stepped up, "We don't. But that's not the point. We just need to distract Hawkmoth and Mayura enough to get close to them. If we can take their miraculous, all of this goes away."

"Then who's going to go face them?" Bunnyx asked.

"Well it can't be you two, that's for sure," Rena Rouge said, pointing at Ladybug and Chat Noir. "I'm serious. He's after you're miraculous, you two will have to keep their focus on you. Carapace can stay nearby to protect you, and I could create illusions of whoever is going to go up against Hawkmoth."

Ladybug nodded.

"I'll do it." King Monkey stepped forwards. "I can use my ability to disable Hawkmoth or Mayura's abilities. That'll knock out either the Sentimonsters, or the villains."

"I'm the only one who can get you close enough to do that, I'm coming too," Pegasus put his hand on King Monkey's shoulder. 

"I'm coming too. Hawkmoth has used me more times than I can count. I can freeze one of them, and we can take their miraculous!" Queen Bee said, crushing her fist as she spoke. 

"All right then, Viperion, Bunnyx, Ryuko, Carapace and Rena Rouge, you're with us. The rest of you – be careful and stay low, stay focused. We can't afford to let this go south. Let's do this," Ladybug put her hand out, and Chat Noir put his hand over hers, a resigned smile on his face. The others followed suit, until all ten of them stood together, Ladybug grinned, "Team Miraculous!" 

They followed her cheer before they set off. The distraction team split into two, Chat Noir taking Viperion and Carapace with him. They headed down to the underground sewer system, so they could join the action from another part of the city. 

A moment later, Ladybug took Rena Rouge, Ryuko and Bunnyx with her into the sewer too. They hoped they were giving the boys enough time to attract the monsters and villains attention, so that the girls could spring up from behind. 

Rena Rouge was to stay underground, and come up with the 'third' group, or rather, her illusions of King Monkey, Pegasus and Queen Bee. In reality, they would be waiting in the attic for all of the heroes to enter the fray. Once they had, they were to teleport to the Eiffel tower, where King Monkey would target Hawkmoth, and Queen Bee would target Mayura. 

Ladybug hoped against all odds that everything went to plan, and that this would all be over soon.

*****************

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please give it a vote if you did, it really helps the story reach even more readers. :D