17

He still loved you? Did he want to be with you? Last night felt like a dream, him confessing he still had feelings for you; you confessing your love. Now you were going on your first date.

Swiftly running to his car, you gently knocked against the windows. He rolled them down with a smirk on his face as you entered the car, seating yourself in the comfort of his vehicle.

"Where are we going to go?" You asked with a grin on your face. The excitement of him finally asking you on a date lightened your mood.

"It's a surprise," He responded with a sinister expression. You let out a light laugh and patiently waited for the car to start. The rumble erupted from underneath you as you both drove away.

The car parked against the sidewalk. He quickly checked to assure he wouldn't get a ticket before you both got out.

In front of you stood a beautiful white church. The stained glass reflected onto the floor from the sunlight, and the calm trees blew a slight pace of the wind.

"Why are we at a church?" You questioned, confused since this wasn't the ideal date location.

"It's special to me, just come on you'll see," He repositioned his LAFD beanie and pulled you into the building. Gripping your hand tight with his.

You entered a beautiful view, the wooden chairs were placed in perfect rows and Mother Mary reincarnated in the glass. Even if Christianity wasn't what you supported, you could recognise beauty.

"I didn't know you were religious?" You continued to interrogate him, puzzled by the location choice. It was gorgeous yet when he messaged you about a date you didn't consider the church to be your first idea.

Dragging you to a seat, you could hear the silent prayers from the few people worshipping their God. You could feel the cold wood under your dress.

"I'm not religious really but this is where I go whenever I feel like I lost something. Last time I came here was when I lost you and now I've got you back," He began a short sentence, whispering to not intrude on others.

He placed your hands in his and gently kissed them.

"I don't ever want to lose you again," You felt your face heat up and butterflies began to flutter in your stomach. Even after the heartbreak, drunks texts, embarrassing yourself miserably, he still wanted you. He still cared for you. "Come quick," He exclaimed before rushing you out another door.

You stood before a park, a rusty pair of swings piqued your interest. "Can I go on the swings?" You requested, he slightly nodded and you scrambled on them.

They squeaked each time you got a push yet it felt perfect. The warm wind in your face, the man you've always wanted finally confessing his love to you.

After around 5 minutes, he pulled you under a tree. "My mother used to take me here when I was younger,"

"What did you do with her?" You fiddled with the flowers under your fingertips.

"She used to read me stories, nothing in particular but they always made me feel calm,"

He rested on the ground, using the leaves for cover. "y/n?"

"Yeah, Alex?"

"Eres la persona más perfecta que he conocido, quiero que estés conmigo para siempre"
[You're the most perfect person I've ever met, I want you to be with me forever]

"I don't speak Spanish silly,"

"Guess you'll never know what I said," He laughed to himself, knowing that what he had held back for months was finally confessed.

_________

A/N - there have been so many negative emotions, I just wanted to write a little bit of fluff :)