Chapter - 10

Sakura pulled over in front of a large mansion-like modern house, unstrapped her seat belt, and took hold of the shopping bag that she had newly brought with her. Getting out of the driver's seat, she took care not to slam the car door to not wake Hinata. She slowly opened the rear door, and gently shook Naruto awake. The sleepy blonde jolted out of his short-lived slumber and looked around.

"We've reached?" He asked.

"Yeah. Shh, don't talk too loudly. You'll wake her up."

Naruto nodded in compliance, and slowly got out of the car, with Hinata still sleeping in his arms. Her backpack was dangling on his left shoulder, and Sakura shielded the sleeping girl's forehead from the frame of the car door while he got out. Sakura locked the car and followed Naruto as he entered his house. The security guard who waited outside greeted them. 

"Give Sakura the house keys. You're dismissed for the day." Naruto ordered, and the guard did as he was told, and briefly left.

"Put her in the room closest to the hall. Otherwise, she'll be lost when she wakes up. Your house is a fucking maze. " Sakura suggested. Naruto had no reason to disagree. 

He carried the girl to a clean room, freshly dusted by his housekeeper. Thank God for that. The capacious room was veiled by the sunset which was quite bright, as a matter of fact. He gently set her on the soft quilt of the bed and retracted his arms. Strangely enough, they didn't seem sore. What was more, they seemed empty. Naruto smiled to himself, thinking of how it felt like his arms were made only to carry her. Ah. I'm thinking crazy shit again. He put down Hinata's backpack by the bed, on the floor, crossed his arms, and looked at her fondly.

"Mr Romeo, enough staring," Sakura rudely interrupted. "Poor girl's drenched and cold. Get me a bunch of towels, two sets of clean clothes that you have, and a hairdryer." 

"You think she won't wake up all through that?"

"She's almost as good as passed out from all the exhaustion. She won't wake up anytime now. Have you checked her pulse?"

Naruto shook his head in oblivion. 

"I have. I study medicine for a reason, brother. 'Kay now, chop-chop! Get me what I asked for. No more stalling"

"Roger that, ma'am." Before leaving the room, Naruto turned to Sakura. "Why's she all drenched though?" He asked.

"Well, if you ask me, it's one of your crazy fans."

Naruto face-palmed. Hinata was hurt because of him. Again. He sighed.

"Don't beat yourself up over it, Naruto," Sakura advised wisely. "It's not your fault. People are crazy like that. You don't need to take responsibility for people you don't even know. Oh yeah, I had this random epiphany. Ask Sasuke-kun to get the footage of the corridors outside the Women's Restroom. I texted him about it earlier too, so make sure you remind him. It'll give us a clue."

Naruto nodded slightly. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know how to put an end to the harassment Hinata faced because of him. For the time being, he decided that he would follow Sakura's advice on the matter. He then left to bring everything that Sakura had asked for and came back. "There's a stock of healing Bath Bombs in the bathroom, ya know, the aroma therapy ones. They release stiffness and body aches too. I use them after my workouts, they're really effective. The tap has warm water running 24/7, so in case she needs a bath, she can-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Get out of the room for now." Sakura cut him short.

"Hey,  can you at least be polite with it?"

"Get out, lover boy. I'll take care of her." She said as she threw him the house keys and he swiftly caught them. "I don't have much time. My boyfriend told me to come back to him as early as possible"