Chapter - 28

It had been a free hour for her before lunch, so Hinata had arrived early to his classroom and had waited outside for at least ten minutes before the bell. She was careful not to be seen by anyone from inside the class, but had managed to peek a few glances at the blonde Adonis, who was staring dully at the whiteboard. With his jaw resting on his palm, covered by a stretch of the sleeve of his hoodie, he almost looked like a model straight out of his magazine. Even something about his lethargy had a spark in it, that captured her spirit effortlessly. Telling herself to stay away from him, not to fall in love with him, was useless at this point. Besides, he said it was okay to act as I wanted. She had been using that one statement of his as leverage for everything that needed courage to do. And she was glad she wasn't regretting it.

"Mr. Uzumaki Naruto." It was the female lecturer who had sternly called out his name.

Oh no! Uzumaki-kun is in trouble! She hesitated. Should I do something? But oh, what will I even do? She bit her lips in perplexion.

♠︎️

College seemed more boring than ever. He wouldn't have attended the lecture if it weren't for Obito directly summoning him and demanding that he maintain a better attendance percentage.

"This is pathetic. You think you'll get a degree with these numbers?"

"Stop acting like I flunked, Obito-nii. It's just attendance."

"Well, does Kushina-san know that you're playing hookey so often?"

Dammit. Obito-nii knows how to hit the nerve.

And so, he had no choice but to sit back in his seat like a chained bird. Looking at the lecturer chalking up something on the board, his mind zoned out.

What's Hinata doing now?

It had been a week since Hinata had agreed to move in with him. It did take him a lot of convincing to make that happen, though. It seemed like she had settled in a little, but the whole process of her moving in was rather underwhelming.

Naruto had imagined it to be more lively—almost newlywed style, with them unpacking her things together, waking up together, making breakfast for each other, feeding each other, and episodes like that. But it had been a dry, rigid process of packers and movers helping them with things.

And now that Hinata had a different room altogether; it seemed like all the bonding that had been fostered between them was suddenly lost. He missed being close together in a small space that they could call their own.
Naruto's house was an architectural masterpiece, but it left him unsatisfied every moment, since he had almost no chance to get close to her or wake up with her. Heck, even the dining table is large. It doesn't even feel like I'm sitting next to her. He missed her so terribly, even though she was just there, with him.

I wonder if that offer still stands.
He was thinking about the hug. Now that they were living together, he noticed how they had stopped hugging each other. He couldn't get over the way she had thought that the agreement was void since they weren't technically 'meeting' each other after being apart for a while. They were essentially together all the time. He knew that was true and that he was being greedy. Even so, Naruto was irked at how something he had worked so hard for and waited so patiently for, was forgotten with such ease. Let's talk to her again about that. He was shameless. Yes.

"Mr. Uzumaki Naruto." The shrill voice of his teacher interrupted his internal musings.

He clicked his tongue and got up, his hands slipping into either pocket of his hoodie.