Chapter - 33

(A/N : Extremely sorry for the delay! (>.<)
Thank you all sooo much for 25k! It's a big milestone for an aspiring writer like me! I wish you all safety and good health! Please keep supporting me like you always do! I couldn't have come so far without you guys. 

Love you all
Take care and be safe

Mighty_03)

♠️

The train swayed back-and-forth in a dull fashion. Her tresses settled on her shoulder jerked subtly along with the monotonous rhythm. Her eyes stared off into the distance through the window; her gaze melting into the colours of the dusk that were slowly setting in.
In stark contrast,  her visage was the only focus of an almost unnatural pair of blue eyes, that had been unfaltering for about a quarter hour now. She didn't have even the slightest inkling of what was running through his mind, yet she could tell that he was back to acting a little unpredictably.

He hadn't spoken the entire time after they had left Kiba's garage. During the meal, he had been talking jovially, but had clearly avoided her eyes. It was him this time. 

His fingers tightened around the yellow handle that dangled from the handrail as he stood opposite to her. She sat uncomfortably on the cool metal, her shoulders rubbing against a rowdy teenage girl who seemed like she was just out of school. 

Should I ask that kid to give her some space? His eyes wandered to her no matter how many times had had warned himself not to look at her. He knew he would be answerable if she caught him staring without saying anything. At that exact moment, it happened. Her eyes met his, rather fiercely. 

"What is it?" She seemed to ask, her eyebrows in a subtle, questioning frown.

He gulped and shook his head. What will I even ask her? 'Just straight up, 'Hinata, do you like me?' Oh my God that's so ...urgh. He felt extremely queasy in his own skin. That was the first time he actually felt bad for being pompous. It sounded like something a narcissist would say. He wondered how one could say that and not make those around them recoil in disgust. It could be said that he was aware enough how not to shoot his shot, in case it does kill his chances, but he wasn't sure how to do it either. 

Her grilling gaze persisted, her frown more evident that before. He put up his hand to his mouth, and felt beads of sweat trickling down his forehead. Breathe, breathe. 

Ding! The train screeched to a stop at the next station, and most of the passengers got down, including the young girl beside Hinata. On a usual day, Naruto would immediately take the chance to sit beside her, but this time,  she had to pull at his sleeve to help him take a seat.

"What is it, Naruto-kun? You look like you want to say s-something." Her voice turned stern.

"Nothing. I was just looking at you...r face." Wow. I didn't know I was this bad.

"Do I have something on my face?"

Yeah. He wanted to say.
Soft cheeks and an even cuter nose. A pair of pretty eyes and lips that he would love to kiss any moment.  I want to steal you away. But he couldn't utter a word. Yet he wanted her to somehow, magically figure it out. Her oblivion made his heart bleed painfully. He drew in his breath resolutely and a question he never expected to roll out of his tongue, revealed itself. "Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

Her mouth agape, she audibly gasped. It wasn't only because she didn't expect the question, but because it was from him. She paused for a few second before answering. "I... haven't. Our household was very strict... s-so I haven't gone out with anyone."